Techlusion or BB chip

Triple T

I have an 1100GS and want more midrange.Do i fit a techlusion or BB powerchip,and why?

Cheers

Tony

T,

I've got the BB Chip fitted and i'm impressed with it. I've gained a huge increase in mid range and the bikes a lot smoother to ride. The down side is my tank range is now 160 - 170 miles on a run (it was 200 - 220) and town use is now down to 145 - 150 miles to a tank full...No pain no gain!

The Techclusion is a control unit instead of a chip. It piggy backs the existing ignition system and holds the injectors open for longer at any given engine speed. It's supposed to be very easy to install, a chip upgrade will need the ignition module opening up.

The guys who have tried the techclusion seem to be quite positive about the performance. personally I prefer the chip...do a search on the site I think there are nearly 30 postings for the Techclusion unit and loads on chip upgrades.

Techlusion

Thanks Rob.Nice to see some people can answer a question sensibly for a change

I had the Techlusion unit fitted last week.

First signs are very good, increased midrange, and much smoother at the top end. Haven't had much chance to fiddle with the settings yet though.

Haven't had a chance to test fuel consumption either, as I only filled up this morning, but as long as it stays over 200m, I'll be happy.

Both

I have them both, First fitted the power chip, however it was still running lean.

As above the Teclusion adds in more fuel where needed, in particular if you wack the throttle open it can be set to dump more fuel in, improving response.

I tend to get about 165 before the light comes on, however that is London commuting.

Dave

Barry sheene

Unfortunate timing,thats all.He was a childhood hero to you,and Im sure he would be honoured at the compliment

Cheers

Tony

too right

I did think about changing it, and spoke to Paul about it.

I use it, with the greatest respect.

Dave

bb chip

ive got bbchip fitted and get 150max to a tank city commuting and 180 out for a blast.dont know wher yous get 200mile to a tank,is that 30mph everywhere you ride.

ive got bbchip fitted and get 150max to a tank city commuting and 180 out for a blast.dont know wher yous get 200mile to a tank,is that 30mph everywhere you ride.

Only when I'm riding with Scotsmen! :dabone

Just to let you know, TTS have got some of the new Techlusion R259 units in stock today.

I've got one on the way, let you know what it's like hopefully I'll get it by the weekend.

GLEN

Do you have the BB chip as well or are you just fitting this on its own?

How much (£) is the Techlulsion thingy?

Back
Top Bottom