B&B in St Omer, Vitry/Chaumont, Lyss

Leonard

Hi. Two bikers on two bikes travelling through France interested in personal recommendations for B&B
1 - Anywhere between Calais and St Omer in France
2 - Vitry Chaumont area of France
3 - Lyss, Biel/Bienne or Neuchatel
Wishing to meet the locals!

Web-site, e-mail addresses and/or telephone numbers appreciated.

Thanks in advance :thumb

Leonard said:
Hi. Two bikers on two bikes travelling through France interested in personal recommendations for B&B
1 - Anywhere between Calais and St Omer in France
2 - Vitry Chaumont area of France
3 - Lyss, Biel/Bienne or Neuchatel
Wishing to meet the locals!

Web-site, e-mail addresses and/or telephone numbers appreciated.

Thanks in advance :thumb

When are you going? You may like to see if the French GSers are about? You can join their list on Yahoo... needless to say it's all in Frog.

I've always found http://www.logis-de-france.fr/uk/index.htm to be an excellent source of b&b and hotels, although they may be pricey compared with F1 and Etap that start at about 22€ a room!

Henry Mawson said:
There is a formula 1 just outside St Omer in Arques. Always stay there myself.
HENRY

Ahh yes...an old favourite of ours eh mate ?? ;) ;)

Red thong,monsieur ?? :D :D

But I`ve recently found out that the Hotel Premier Class in Baupaume to be superior and only half an hour further.
Very slightly dearer but it`s en-suite.

There`s a few hotels in St. Omer itself,but they`re a tad pricey to the budget conscious GSer.

i was told about formula 1 s before i went and was on look out for them but ended up in a premier class in st quentin first night.for the rest of the trip i used them where possable 1 or 2 euros more but have own toilet and shower in room and for an extra 4 euros all you can eat breakfast. used a f1 and it was comunal toilet and shower was told there all the same? so for me its premier class clean very cheap (22 ish euros plus 4 for food).

dave wilcock said:
. used a f1 and it was comunal toilet and shower was told there all the same?

Yes mate,all the Formula 1`s are the same.

I too am a convert to Premiere Classe...the small extra premium is well worth paying to get an ensuite room :thumb

P.S. In my earlier post,I should have said Bethune...not Bapaume.

I now make Bethune my first and last night if I`m doing Dover - Calais.

You can get an amazing meal in the nearby mega supermarket restaurant :beer:

tarka said:
Yes mate,all the Formula 1`s are the same.

I too am a convert to Premiere Classe...the small extra premium is well worth paying to get an ensuite room :thumb

P.S. In my earlier post,I should have said Bethune...not Bapaume.

I now make Bethune my first and last night if I`m doing Dover - Calais.

You can get an amazing meal in the nearby mega supermarket restaurant :beer:

send me the address, need one in june :thumb

Formulla 1's ??

You might as well be in the UK stopping in a Travel Lodge. Go into the towns and find the small privatly run hotels. Not B&Q type buildings on French industrial estates with no bars or resturants near them :(

Head for the train station, theres always a Hotel du'Gare or Hotel de'Poste. Head for the town square and ask in a bar, the locals are normally in the "sport bar", they'll let you know where to stay.

They may be seedy hotels but you'll always remember them and the people you meet and the food and drinks you had. A F1 will just be another night in a crappy plastic McDonalds Hotel.

Don't do it :thumb

Sorry to raise this from the dead but I'm off over to France for a weekend in May and have been searching for recommendations and having read this I can't let it go without comment.

I've never understood why so many people use F1 and recommend them. As Whatton says they're soulless places on industrial estates and about as near to the real France as the ferry terminal at Dover.

Now that's out of the way I need some places to see within say 3 hours or so of Calais :D

Cheers

Dick

Tarka
No walking down to L'Domi Doe from Bethune is there? Yes i know my speeling is crap- live with it ;)
HENRY
P.S. You always pissed in the sink anyways- once you had brushed your teeth that is. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom