SPEEDFERRIES OFFER

mikeoold

Reaction score
SPEEDFERRIES

Are offering 10 crossings for £190.00 can be used any time in the next 24 months must be the bargin of the year £19.00 acrossing that must be the cheapest yet
mikeo

Where to mikeo?

mikeo said:
SPEEDFERRIES

Are offering 10 crossings for £190.00 can be used any time in the next 24 months must be the bargin of the year £19.00 acrossing that must be the cheapest yet
mikeo
Where do SpeedFerries sail to Mikeo??

Dover - Boulogne. The offer is for 10 x one way crossings for a car +5. Sounds quite a good deal if you are a frequent traveller. Check here for further details. Cheers MikeO :thumb

offer info?

I phoned the call centre and was informed that this special is only for cars maybe someone else can try and get more info the AGENT seemed a bit dim :nenau

Used them in July last year,booked online it was £38 return for bike and rider.

The £38 fare also applied to cars with up to 5 passengers, which is less than Cal Mac charge to get off the island I live on!

I can't remember when I booked it though.

Good no frills service.

P & O booked through ferrysavers.com, Dover to Calis £17.50, bike, rider and pillion.

Used Speedferries a few times, always late, sometimes by 5 hours! When you then have a 7 hr journey the other side with a new planned arrival time of 2 or 3 am ..the saving of a few quid is not worth it. For the car, we always use the Tunnel, never costs us more than £100 return, get earlier crossings if we arrive early etc etc.
Speedferries are either poorly looked after and dealt with by the other companies and maintenance folk OR they are 2nd rate and need to have a BIG re think of what price over service really should be. I shan't use them again thats for sure.

I'm now a tunnel convert. Christmas/New year return in the car was £130. Turned up and including crossing time was on the A26 heading south within the hour, return always seems weird when due to the time difference we arrived back in U.K at exactly the same time as we arrived at Calais.

Bike last year out in June back in September was £28 each way turn up and pay without prior booking and again only 1 hour from check in to RN43 heading south. Ferry used to be a decent break after riding or driving down from here but seem less and less reliable and food and drink prices especially if travelling with a couple of kids have gone throught the roof. 4 of us in the car having a coffee and a crap breakfast/meal adds £30 each way. No duty free means there's no saving on cigarettes etc. From check in to disembark is a minimum two and a half hours with the ferry if all is on time.

I advise guests coming down to stay with us to do the homework on prices v speed and stress IMHO the tunnel wins. I know some people struggle with the tunnel especially if they are claustrophobic, we lock the kids in the boot which seems to keep them a little quieter. If coming back from France remember to let them out before going through customs very difficult to explain to the men in in blue and hi viz. :D

I (nearly always) use the Shuttle as it means I can be in the house with the kettle on about 13 minutes after disembarking (as long as there's no w*nkers over Sene Valley!) whereas the darned boats are 30 minutes away in deepest Dover.

However, if I have ridden a long way on the French side it is sometimes nice to have a sit down with the booze cruise day tripper rabble and have 40 winks on the boat... I have been known to book a single on the Shuttle out and a single on the boat back.

If time is on your side, try Norfolk Line. Good food and with a two hour crossing time, you have time to chill or nip in the mini cinema and watch a movie. The kids love it

I cross the channel at least twice every year. Since the tunnel opened I've not used the ferry for bike or car.

I hate the messing about strapping the bike, then all the milling around on the boat. Get on the train, stay with your bike and check it over, clean your helmet and get your maps sorted for France, have a chat with any other bikers on there as they put you in the same carraige. Next thing you know your on the road in France.

Can't beat it :thumb

Got this just now from Speedferries (mail@speedferries.com)

Dear Mr Devall

Thank you for your email.

This offer is only available to standard size cars unfortunately this offer excludes motorcycles.

Kind regards

Speed Ferries

kp

worthy said:
Can you recomend any hotels near the tunnel?

Cheap and cheerful. Junction 44 as you return to the tunnel Village hotel next to a McDonalds. Rooms contain double bed, overhead single bed, shower,toilet etc and TV, 32 Euros per night. Breakfast 4.30Euros per head. Secure parking and within 10 minutes walk of Calais centre. Not been open long and has 70 rooms.

As above, they start dirt cheap and cheesy with Formual One...ideal if arring late and off at crack of dawn....then there's Village Hotel/Mr Bed/ Premiere Classe etc, up to the more pricy ACCOR stuff....you should get a room for 3 with breakfast for £15 a night.

'Formula 1' OK but don't take the missus....she'll not appreciate the toilets or showers. :eek:

Those who have experienced them will understand....... ;)

Should have said the english side..... Need somewhere cheap and secure for the bike and relatively close for an early morning crossing

worthy said:
Should have said the english side..... Need somewhere cheap and secure for the bike and relatively close for an early morning crossing

Lighthouse Inn Hotel just outside Folkstone. Stopped there last year only 10 minutes from the tunnel. Bike parked in courtyard carpark.

Telephone 01303.223300
Fax 01303.256501

Old Dover Road
Capel-le-Ferne
Folkestone
CT18 7HT

Attachments

• ScreenShot019.jpg
    ScreenShot019.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 91

Back
Top Bottom