January in S E Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladerunner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:thumb
Bunked off work yesterday in sunshine and 8'c to try out new (to me ) GSA.

What a lovurly bike! Did one of my fave routes:
Cardiff -> Carleon -> Usk -> Chepstow -> Monmouth -> Abergavenny -> Brecon and 470 home.

Few cars, dry roads, no leaves or cameras.

VERY impressed with handling - suits me more than my GS1200 did. More planted on corners, less flighty and is confidence-inspiring. This is a bike I will do seriously long trips on.

Am planning several trips abroad this year, but this first play was what the doc ordered and has cheered me out of the winter blues.

Quick question:

When I (alledgedly)accelerate from 80 to 100 in 6th gear, there is a delay and slight stutter before a mild rate of acceleration. Is this:
air supply?, fuel supply? different chipping of 'puter, old petrol (2nd tank now since bike standing 3 months) or is it something else?

Nice site you've got here, hope to join the tossing on the roads soon.

bladerunner said:
:thumb
Bunked off work yesterday in sunshine and 8'c to try out new (to me ) GSA.

Cardiff -> Carleon -> Usk -> Chepstow -> Monmouth -> Abergavenny -> Brecon and 470 home.

Few cars, dry roads, no leaves or cameras.
You could've PM'd me. I might have joined you or at least invited you in for a cuppa.
Quick question:

When I (alledgedly)accelerate from 80 to 100 in 6th gear, there is a delay and slight stutter before a mild rate of acceleration. Is this:
air supply?, fuel supply? different chipping of 'puter, old petrol (2nd tank now since bike standing 3 months) or is it something else?

Nice site you've got here, hope to join the tossing on the roads soon
Change down a gear. Acceleration at 80mph in 6th gear on an 1150 is dire.

bladerunner said:
Cardiff -> Carleon -> Usk -> Chepstow -> Monmouth -> Abergavenny -> Brecon and 470 home..
Ahhh - a GSA and some of Wales finest roads - what good taste you have sir. :D

My bruvver lives in Abergavenny, and we've had hours of fun on those roads. Next time, try the A479 Penmyarth to Talgarth road - its the sort of twisty road you finish, then turn round and do it again, and it will slot in quite nicely to that route.

If you get the chance, try and make it to Abercrave one night - good food, good company and you can put some faces to names. :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom