SWAM, Loughor Boat Club today

longdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK, own up! I was at the SWAM presentation this morning and there were 4 GS 1150s there including mine. There was a yellow one, a graphitan one and two (very fast) blue 'n white ones (inclusing ing mine :thumb ) Anyone owning up to being there apart from me?

I went to this presentation last year and met Gog Yn Y Dde who I think was riding a 1150. We only had a quick chat over a coffee, then got split up. You'll easily recognise his avatar - its the Owain Glyndwr flag. :thumb

Taff said:
I went to this presentation last year and met Gog Yn Y Dde who I think was riding a 1150. We only had a quick chat over a coffee, then got split up. You'll easily recognise his avatar - its the Owain Glyndwr flag. :thumb
Close but no cigar - had to make a subtle change to my name as I was saying Gog in the left instead of Gog in the South - oops. As for the flag, changed that some time ago :) No prizes for guessing what the new one is.

longdog said:
OK, own up! I was at the SWAM presentation this morning and there were 4 GS 1150s there including mine. There was a yellow one, a graphitan one and two (very fast) blue 'n white ones (inclusing ing mine :thumb ) Anyone owning up to being there apart from me?
Couldn't make the meeting yesterday. Out of interest, what did you think of it all? Interested in returning for the Spring course? Did they talk sense? Did you get on with them all?

Gog yn y De said:
As for the flag, changed that some time ago :) No prizes for guessing what the new one is.

The flag of St David of course :p If you want you can have a copy of my animated one :)

Gog yn y De said:
Couldn't make the meeting yesterday. Out of interest, what did you think of it all? Interested in returning for the Spring course? Did they talk sense? Did you get on with them all?

To tell the truth, I passed my IAM test in '82 or '83, I can't remember the year, but in the '90s, I let my membership lapse and they have a 2 year rule, so that was that.
I have been to a few of their evenings in the Twelve Knights in Margam as a guest when they have had guest speakers and I have got to meet a couple of the people there. They seem a decent bunch, there was no 'clique' at all, and they do have a good social scene with regular ride-outs.
Yes, they did talk sense and I have signed up for the Spring course. I decided to do the course to get to know the people a little better. They seem a very relaxed, informal crowd, which suits me fine, so we'll give it a try!
Here's a pic of me which was in the South Wales Evening Post when I passed my test 20 odd years ago. I'm the tall one with a 'tache. By the way, I had a matching pair of thumbs then too! :thumb

Attachments

• mike_iam_pass.jpg
    mike_iam_pass.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 144
It was me

Hi,

Yes it was me on the grey gs, next to the silver RT. The yellow one is my friend Peter.

How did you find your observed ride? Mine was very enjoyable with a good run around brecon
:thumb

Hi, the observed ride was good, I enjoyed it! Did you put your name on the dotted line? If so, I look forward to seeing you in the future. :thumb

Mike

longdog said:
I was one,the blue and white gs remus can y piece vario black screen etc etc did a mock test with a senior observer from Cardiff think his name was Chris
fook was I bored 30,40,50,60 I tried to be a good boy honest but, entering crosshands r/about I blatted it lost my senior ob's on the o thingy and fooked off,got a ticking off for it later.
test in a few weeks I gotta control myself for that and keep the stupid stuff for when I'm out on the bird.

Attachments

• bikes in garage 016.jpg
    bikes in garage 016.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 87
blumeeni said:
I was one,the blue and white gs remus can y piece vario black screen etc etc did a mock test with a senior observer from Cardiff think his name was Chris
fook was I bored 30,40,50,60 I tried to be a good boy honest but, entering crosshands r/about I blatted it lost my senior ob's on the o thingy and fooked off,got a ticking off for it later.
test in a few weeks I gotta control myself for that and keep the stupid stuff for when I'm out on the bird.

ya big poof!!!!!!!!!!! :dabone

Back
Top Bottom