Heated Grips

teutonic tsunami jon

Reaction score
I desperately want to fit heated grips to my 1150 (03), this bike has no light switch fitted (always on) and Ive had no end of different prices and sucking of air through teeth, so my local dealer 50 miles away said he can supply for £115 sheets, however I have been told I may need an upgraded alternator to cope with the power drain (which I am enclined to believe as my battery only just copes with the sodding expensive alarm & immob fitted recently to ward off thieves and pykies). So advice please from anybody that has gone through this painfully expensive process to the path of warm hands.
Regards
JP :confused:

On my 1100 I whacked on a set of aftermarkets from ebay - the ones with the 3 positions - no electrics changed at all. Worked as well as the BM ones I have now on the Adv, all for £30 ish.

Not the over-grip ones though - these were the replacement grip ones.

There seems to be a lot of Oxford ones on at the moment.

BTW though about getting heated gloves? Some swear by them, others at them. Personally the cables might be too much of a faff for me.

Just fitted a set of second hand ones from a breaker - cost Euro 60 . Fitting is relatively simple - certainly anything someone who is a basic mechanic can manage providing your bars are the right type to take the grips. It's a few screws, a couple of cable connections (the bike is ready to take them ex-factory anyway) and plug and play.

Dick Dastardly said:
hey bigtwin, do ya remember the name of the grips?

Good aftermarket heated grips ( not the wrap around things ) are made by Oxford and also by Daytona.
They can be bought from Hein Gericke shops as well as the many mail order suppliers.

Even at absolute top whack they shouldn`t cost more than £45.

Dick Dastardly said:
hey bigtwin, do ya remember the name of the grips?

Just dug them out the garage (jeez, the rubbish in there) - Saitco is the brand.

There are some on fleabay now, item no 029573426. Slightly different heat control, but look the same otherwise.

Heated gripes

Thanks for the advice guys, apart from the side issues I will surf ebay, will close thread unless somebody has handle on alternator + battery issues. If so please send private message etc,etc. :nenau

Back
Top Bottom