Scale Models of R1150Gs

CBI

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dear All,

Anybody know where you can get scale models of the R1150Gs?

As yet I've had no luck.

Cheers

CBI:confused:

Scale Models

Managed to pick two up at last years MC Fraggles Rally just outside ST Omer, Francais. Suprisingly the smaller of the two models has the touratech front mudguard (Different shape to the O.E.). Will be going again in two years time if you fancy accompaning our merry troupe.:p
HENRY

I don't want to appear 'picky' but an odd choice of forum for this thread donchathink?

I believe 'Spanish Bob' had a contact for, or could get some of these models. I could be wrong though!

Computer illiteracy on my part

I was in Clarks (Birmingham) a couple of weeks ago. They had a Blue and white R1150 GS die cast Model that was around the £20 mark.

R1150GS

Hello,

you can get them in germany. There is a shop in Bremen, selling a moderate detailed one in every actual colour. The modell is a mix of the 1150GS and the adventure. The price is around 10 Euros.

If you want the adress, contact me (I have to look it up).

Jürgen

Rob Farmer said:
I was in Clarks (Birmingham) a couple of weeks ago. They had a Blue and white R1150 GS die cast Model that was around the £20 mark.

Any chance of the address or a phone number..

Cheers

CBI:beerjug:

Rob

Have just telephoned Clarks re: model.

They said 'never had 1150GS model, only 1100R' I did tell them that one had been ssen by a member, but same response!!!!!

Bizarre, eh?

CBI,

It was definitely there. In the glass cabinet on your right as you go in the door, second or third shelf up. My mate was with me at the time so I have a witness :confused: Blue and white approx £18. I knew I should have got it when I had the chance.

Rob Farmer said:
CBI,

It was definitely there. In the glass cabinet on your right as you go in the door, second or third shelf up.

Bloody Scousers!!!!!!

Newray model found

I have just tracked down a Mandarin 1150GS from the Newray site in USA, the models are $9.95 with $7.95 postage, cheaper than on the German site that jurgen supplied me with (thanks Jurgen).
They stated 4-6 weeks delivery but mine arrived within 2 weeks.
After conversion I was charged £18.53 on my credit card for two models which included postage.
They supply either a Mandarin 1150GS or a silver Adventurer, they are 1/12th scale, about 8 inches in length. (I hope the picture I have attached turns out OK)

http://www.new-ray.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=IT&Category_Code=RR12MOBMW

I purchased a second Mandarin model, if anybody would like to purchase this model from me (only 1) at cost ie: £9.30, to be picked up only ( I am in Liverpool), please let me know.

Regards

Charlie

FWIW
There's an 1:24 Adventure on ebay
item=2524220869 going for about £15

It's in Spain, and has been mis-headed under Musical Insturuments:Guitar:Instruction books

Or you could always build your own 1:1 model out of the scraps of Mike O's Bike. He' replaced so much of it there can't be much of the original left now
;)

shuck raider said:
Anybody notice anything odd about the exhaust on the 1100 model?

Yes it's on the wrong side, maybe it's for the US market. I bought one at the NEC Bike show last year and mine has the exhaust on the "correct" side. Can't remember who I bought it from or how much I paid.

Attachments

• r1100.jpg
    r1100.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,888
clarkes b,ham

tipical of clarkes they can't even remember if they have a model of a 1150 its a total reflection of there total crap attertude in a word there f****** usless wan***s

yes you have guested wright i'am not impressed with them!:mad:

This is not helpful at all but I bought one just like emjays except red with a black seat for my son while we were on holiday on Portugal. Only cost a fiver.

Oliver's only 4 now and over the last two years he has reduced it to something resembling 'beyond economical repair'. :(

Rob,

I think you will find that the model you thought you had seen was in fact a 650GS Dakar with it's standard Blue & White chequered body work. Sorry.

I live local to Clark's and have had my eye these models for some time, but as yet no GS's. Very nice models though!

Don't hold back Graham get it off your chest :D

I'm sure it was a 1150. I've got the 650 Dakar model and that was a larger scale than the 1150. Mind you the old eyes aren't what they used to be but My mate who was with me swears it was an 1150 as well...I guess we shall never know for sure.

Cheers

Rob (trying hard not to look like a plonker)

Thanks for the links, I have been looking for an 1150 and 1100 GS scale models.

I zoomed in on the 1100 picture on the new-ray site, it is simply reversed. Look at the blue and white on the roundel and the GS is on the wrong end for that side.

- Jim

Attachments

• 4257la_2.gif
    4257la_2.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 527

Back
Top Bottom