Ride Oot Next Saturday

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

Anybody fancy it? Masel' and G.C. are heading for them there hills. Times to be finalised but the plan is that we'll meet at Blair Atholl for coffee and a fag break. Down to Pitlochry and over Moulin Moor to pick up the Blairgowrie/Braemar road. Head north and stop for a lunch and a craic at the Spittal of Glenshee. Thereafter, depending on time and weather, either continue north to Braemar or Ballater and probably split up to head home. Alternatively, from Glenshee, travel back to Blairgowrie, then over to Dunkeld and head home from there.

I'll be coming from Fife and G.C. will be coming from Fort William so anyone wishing to meet up and tag along is more than welcome. Either that or meet at the Spittal. We had a similar run twice last year with Stumpy, Robbo and Grizzly and it's a good wee run and the stop off points are worth the admission fee alone :cool:

That's NEXT Saturday, not tomorrow as my bike battery has "done a Robbo" :D

Ronno said:
Anybody fancy it? Masel' and G.C. are heading for them there hills. Times to be finalised but the plan is that we'll meet at Blair Atholl for coffee and a fag break. Down to Pitlochry and over Moulin Moor to pick up the Blairgowrie/Braemar road. Head north and stop for a lunch and a craic at the Spittal of Glenshee. Thereafter, depending on time and weather, either continue north to Braemar or Ballater and probably split up to head home. Alternatively, from Glenshee, travel back to Blairgowrie, then over to Dunkeld and head home from there.

I'll be coming from Fife and G.C. will be coming from Fort William so anyone wishing to meet up and tag along is more than welcome. Either that or meet at the Spittal. We had a similar run twice last year with Stumpy, Robbo and Grizzly and it's a good wee run and the stop off points are worth the admission fee alone :cool:

All fixed now and raring to go thanks to my technical expertise so all being well I should be there :thumb :beerjug:

PS Would be nice to see some new faces, come on don't be shy we're not that frightening......well apart from Grizzly who you wouldn't want to meet a dark "closie" :eek: :thumb

Im tempted

Hi Ronno

I'm very tempted, having a new 1200 with 400 miles on the clock (desperate to get the first service out of the way before I get too embarrassed) a lot would depend on times and weather etc, and if I can skip work. I would probably meet you at Pitlochry.
Let me know the final details etc.

Thanks Mick

Hope to Be There!

Hi Ronno,
We will hopefully be there - needing a bit of a run, but dependent on weather! - Maybe meet you at Bridge of Cally? or Spittal Hotel? - if you can give a rough idea of E.T.A. nearer the time??

Cheers.............................Grizzly :beer:

Sounds Good,

Now Where can I get a Back tyre Fitted before Saturday?

Went for a Run last week and ended up with a flat :( caused by picking up a screw! ( that's enough, stop smirking at the back)..

Good things them BMW puncture repair Kits, It did the trick in under 10 mins.

Also Which Tyre on an 1150GS?

CUL8R

Triton

sounds good to me (Robbo give me a shout if you want to meet up, thought about the T R B car park, then up to Blair or what ever i'm not boverd} Just good to get back out on the bike this early in the year
:thumb

Here is the game plan for Saturday (for me). I'll be leaving Fife about 08.45/09.00 and heading up to Perth then Blair Atholl. Meeting G.C. at Blair Atholl (the big hotel on the main drag / I forget the name) for coffee about 10.00. Head down to Pitlochry and over Moulin Moor (Rollin Bone: If you want to meet up, let us know where). This will be about 11.00. Head over to Bridge of Cally and pick up the Braemar road, heading north. We'll stop at the Br. of Cally Hotel car park to see if anyone is there (Mr and Mrs Grizzly?). Lunch at the Spittal of Glenshee Hotel between about 12.00 and 13.30. Then we can decide where to go from there for a wee bimble aboot :D I for one am really looking forward to getting oot and aboot on my steed. :thumb

I'm sure G.C. will be along to give his route to Blair Atholl in case anyone wants to join him on this leg.

Hope to see you on Saturday...:beerjug:

would be great to meet up with a few fellow GS users. Have recently flogged the old FJ12 and nicely run in the GS over the last few weeks. I will head to Blair Atholl from Perth for 10:00am on Saturday.
I think you mean the hotel just past the entrance to the castle?
See you there. Jerry :thumb

What a great first post, Jerry. Agreeing to go on a Ride Oot and meet some numpties :thumb

Welcome to the Forum :beerjug:

Ronno

P.S. The hotel looks like a castle. It's not the one with the caravan site at the back/next to it.

:D
Ronno said:

Hi Ronno

wish i lived a couple hundred mile nearer to yourselves, sounds great, maybe later in the year, and me and the mrs's can get booked in that wooden shack we were in at your christmas party in december, we might be able to get cheap digs if we mow the roof lawn :D

Andy :thumb

Ronno said:
I'm sure G.C. will be along to give his route to Blair Atholl in case anyone wants to join him on this leg.
Hi all, I shall probably leave the Fort just before 9 am head to Spean Bridge, along the A86 Laggan road, hang a right and head over Dalwhinnie, right again onto the A9 (yuk) turn of at the House of Bruar and toddle over to Blair Atholl.

It’s a tradition that virgin riders buy the coffee. Hi Jerry ;)

Hi Andy “wooden shack” indeed. Just bring some decent music with you next time :bounce1

Anyone heard anything from Stumpy ?

G C

fleetwood said:
sounds good to me (Robbo give me a shout if you want to meet up, thought about the T R B car park, then up to Blair or what ever i'm not boverd} Just good to get back out on the bike this early in the year
:thumb

Des how about I meet you at the TRB at 08.45 and then meet the rest at Blair Atholl at 09.45???? does that suit you Ronnie????

PS Whar's my birthday wishes yah big Scot Mod tosser???????? :beer:

Robbo7822 said:
Des how about I meet you at the TRB at 08.45 and then meet the rest at Blair Atholl at 09.45???? does that suit you Ronnie????

Robbo, If your heading from TRB to Perth, how about meeting me at either the pub at the foot of Glenfarg (forget the name, is it the Baiglie Inn?) or Broxden Petrol station? Let me know...

Happy Birthday, mind and bring plenty dosh wi' you... :D

I am hoping to meet you somewhere along the run (depends on wife/kids :rolleyes: ) i'll from the Dundee area

Just Found out I'm Working

Hi Guys

Just found out I'm working Sat morn, so I wont manage this time. I was looking foward to meeting some fellow Gs'ers. Maybe next time.

Have a good day

Regards RB

Robbo7822 said:

Yes thats fine with me :thumb

Back
Top Bottom