Now what have I done?

Adetuono

Had a bit of an eBay/beer interface, and woke up to find that I'd bought an 1150GS. So, making the most of it, I thought I'd better join up.
Haven't had a ride yet ( :rolleyes: ), but getting ready for the Spring.
Just remember, eBay is NOT your friend.......except for when I auctioned the Touratech panniers that came with the bike and got £425 for them :beerjug:

You've made a mistake..........after using the bike for a while you will then realise that you should have kept the panniers as you will be wanting to travel :D :D :D

Great bike and welcome :thumb

You b@rsteward

Adetuono said:
Had a bit of an eBay/beer interface, and woke up to find that I'd bought an 1150GS. So, making the most of it, I thought I'd better join up.
Haven't had a ride yet ( :rolleyes: ), but getting ready for the Spring.
Just remember, eBay is NOT your friend.......except for when I auctioned the Touratech panniers that came with the bike and got £425 for them :beerjug:

It is customary that new members sell off their accessories at ridiculously low prices to other members. Welcome anyway from another beer monster. :beerjug:

Yea, don't wait for spring! In my opinion, ride all the time unless there is ice on the road! I have just bought my second 1150GS at Xmas. I bought a new 1150 GSA SE with 0 miles on the clock. I have been out in all weathers and clocked up 450 miles so far.

If you intend to keep the bike for a couple of years then you may as well get it dirty now. They do not depreciate much, but the depreciation will be the same whether you ride the bike or not.

Get on it and let us know what you think to the GS?

Hello and Welcome :thumb

I agree do'nt wait - get out there and ride :cool:

hops said:
It is customary that new members sell off their accessories at ridiculously low prices to other members. Welcome anyway from another beer monster. :beerjug:

Was £425 cheap? Jeezus! What are they new? Only some old ally sheets, after all.

Thanks for the welcome. It feels comfortable here. Better than the old RSV.net. Looks like I shouldn't have mentioned the Spring word. Only said it because there are a few jobs to be done, and time isn't exactly a plentiful commodity at the moment. Got a Remus Y-piece and S/S can to go on (eBay again); the tyres are being changed for Michelin Pilot Roads, and I'll do the oils and filters. Not worried about keeping it clean, just want something to do big miles on this summer. And if anyone's got any Ventura 'L' brackets...........

Back
Top Bottom