Mounting Digital Camcorder

Deleted account 210609001

Reaction score
Hi

I'd like to mount my digital video camera on my bike for on-board recording.

The camera itself (a JVC GR-DX107ek if that means anything to anyone) has a standard tripod mounting point on the base. I'd thought about either a proper mounting, or making my own polystyrene holder and attaching that to the bike.

If anyone has any other handy hints or pointers about on-board filming, I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks,

Robin.

I have the ram mount on mine.

3586.jpg

Robin

if you look at the banner ads on this page - just above - click Ram UK. :thumb

You've got some gadgets there Nadeem! What is that electrical connector thingy on the inside of your left hand protector and what is the green button at the base of your left mirror for? I know questions, questions, questions but if you don't ask............ :D

They're both for different lights -

the one in the hand protector is for the PIAA Xenon's

3508.jpg

and the green switch is for the wunderlich fog lights

306.jpg

ianboydsnr said:
And whats that big shadowy thing in the background, whilst everyone else is being nosey :D

That's my TT with a car cover over it... :D

1054.jpg

Robin - sorry missed the second part of your question - I'm in Greenhithe just near to Bluewater.

On board film tips.

HI,

I have a JVC DRV9 grklahjkah;.f.f thing .
Use this tool http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/ or http://www.cameras-cctv.com/categories/71/ with a ball mount and they work well. Remote for cam corder unit mounts to handle bars to pause/rec and so far working well. Had for 18 months with no issues. I have set it all up so it all, camera, vid camera and mic all run from the bikes 12 volt system. Saves on batteries and means as long as I can keep tapes up to it hours of record time.

Will post some from my africa trip soon.

Bushboy

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. (Nadeem, you have too many toys! If you're down the coast and fancy a cuppa one sunny day, let me know.) How did I miss the RAM banner?

If I can get the camera mounted and I'm happy with the results, I will look at sorting the electrics to charge the camera from the bike. Until then, I'll rely on batteries. Error in my favour (sounds like a Monopoly card) means I got two batteries when I bought it.

I could be the next Michael Winner (without the charm and good looks, obviously).

Robin.

Thanks Robin - I'll take you up on that offer soon, would like to do some pics in your area... :thumb

Similar to bushboy I use a bullet cam from RFConcepts. Used it on trackdays on my Gixer and on the road, mounted under the nose cone so not really visible to plod etc. Excellent quality footage. Just wondering how to set it up on the GS now and where to position the actual camcorder, might need to put it in a backpack but would like to avoid that if possible.

John

Back
Top Bottom