Southern British Columbia, maps - beg, borrow or buy

Gas'd Off

Reaction score
Hi folks, I`m on the blag :bounce1
Going to BC on a road trip in June, wondering if anyone has any maps I could beg borrow or buy? chanks mulchly :)

GOLD ,

jump in at Bonaparte River, a good view of Rattlesnake Hill about 3 miles down, then Elephant Hill, turn the bend at Ashcroft, then under Ashcroft Bridge.

Less than 30 miles from Ashcroft are some of the largest copper mines in BC.

Over the next 5 miles of THE Thompson river you will see a number of landslides along both sides of the river, most famous being the 1897 slide it took out Barine`s big granary and 100 tons of wheat stored in it.

The Thomson meets The Fraser river at Lytton, you should obtain permission from the Lytton Indian river group, here to get out, this is called Kumsheen ( the meeting of two rivers )

Don`t you know shite :rolleyes:

lukate said:
Hi folks, I`m on the blag :bounce1
Going to BC on a road trip in June, wondering if anyone has any maps I could beg borrow or buy? chanks mulchly :)

What exactly are you looking for? I'm a BC Boy living in The Netherlands, who is at the moment (for 4 more days) in BC visiting friends.

Are you looking for good ideas as to where to ride? or do you just want some paper road-maps to mark down your ideas on?

I can maybe help you with the latter.. though I'd think you could get some mappage sent to you from tourism BC or something...

Al...

Visit the tourist bureau's when you get there and they will give you maps. In the US you can get maps from every State when you go into the tourist info booths on the major highways for free :thumb .

What exactly are you looking for?
We are doing a round trip starting in Vancouver then Sea to sky highway - Pemberton - Kamloops - Jasper - Banff - Cranbrook - Nelson - Kelowna - Hope - Pemberton - Vancouver, so I`m looking for Places of interest along the way and local road maps. :)
I would PM ya Deuce but you arn`t set up for it :thumb

If you get time ride NORTH on VANCOVER ISLAND, visit Taffino take a small plane ride over the North Coast region, a unforgetable sight for Mrs and Me were all the LOGS in the sea, like matchsticks.

It might work now. Anyway here is my e-mail

doucetrichard@hotmail.com

We are entertaining a couple from your neck of the woods at the moment. Simon and Fiona Smith (R1200 GS) have hung out here in the colonies for the last month or so. They are from somewhere near Newcastle I think. He isn't too hard to understand. I watch Coronation Street and lived in Newfoundland for a few years so my comprehension of funny talk is pretty good. :D

Cheers
Richard

Thanks for all the suggestions and links folks, appreciate :thumb
I`d think I should come out the closet now and tell you all that we aint travelling by bike ;) We have booked a mini RV! Still, at least it`s got a V8(mmmmmm :rolleyes: ) and we won`t be spending much on hotels. Best get a sticker for back "My other RV is a GS" :D

deuce said:
It might work now. Anyway here is my e-mail

doucetrichard@hotmail.com

We are entertaining a couple from your neck of the woods at the moment. Simon and Fiona Smith (R1200 GS) have hung out here in the colonies for the last month or so. They are from somewhere near Newcastle I think. He isn't too hard to understand. I watch Coronation Street and lived in Newfoundland for a few years so my comprehension of funny talk is pretty good. :D

Cheers
Richard

Cheeky bloody Canucks - you don't realise it's you that has the accent not us Richard, eh! :mooney :koi :p

Lukate - Great choice of route - we did almost the same last year but took about 2 months to do it (plus another month on the Island), camping on the way. There are any number of fab trails and roads you can take off that route and places to visit.
Places that you haven't mentioned but not to miss - Clearwater (loads of amazing waterfalls), Kananaskis (spray lakes road, etc. etc.) and Nakusp (equally for both the roads and the hot springs).

We've been following your thread on ADVrider.com as we love BC so much we are seriously considering settling over here as well. It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of where to go but if you can think of anything you think we can help you with, send us a pm or email. :thumb

Oh, and don't listen to the locals who tell you they'll take you on an 'easy' logging road and then take you to this monument to trees vs vehicles! :eek: :D - Cheers Richard.
53935062-L.jpg

Simon & Fiona

P.S. If you have a GPS then it will be well worth buying the mapset over here as we paid about half what it would have cost to buy in the UK ;)

Places that you haven't mentioned but not to miss - Clearwater (loads of amazing waterfalls), Kananaskis (spray lakes road, etc. etc.) and Nakusp (equally for both the roads and the hot springs).

We've been following your thread on ADVrider.com as we love BC so much we are seriously considering settling over here as well. It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of where to go but if you can think of anything you think we can help you with, send us a pm or email. :thumb
Thanks guys :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom