spangley new 1200 gs

JNC

traded gixxer thou for a new 12gs hope its a good move to carry me to and from work all year round and lots of playing on it inbetween ,specs are yellow silver panels heated grips clear indi lenses and chrome pipes no abs,hope to get bmw top box and shot gun type end cans when i got a few more coins saved ,hope to pick it up mid febuary :D if not mark at hurst bmw will be getting his ear bashed every other day till i get it .

JNC said:
traded gixxer thou for a new 12gs hope its a good move to carry me to and from work all year round and lots of playing on it inbetween ,specs are yellow silver panels heated grips clear indi lenses and chrome pipes no abs,hope to get bmw top box and shot gun type end cans when i got a few more coins saved ,hope to pick it up mid febuary :D if not mark at hurst bmw will be getting his ear bashed every other day till i get it .

I did the same thing last weekend at Hursts, went for the grey version and thanks to a canceled order it's ariving Tuesday, can't wait. :thumb

Congrats on the new bike, may see you around sometime.

telling people u bought a grey bmw is not good, tell them it's the new colour for 06 knowen as moonstone platnium or make something up :D like i just did ,they look nice in that colour but it's yellor for me

Jnc welcome to the madhouse, there is everything here, just mension it and you will get your answer, period, what ever subject, its covered.

i use to have yams, saw the light, and never looked back.........

JNC said:

Hi JNC,

Welcome aboard

I got my 1200 last june and love it. :thumb

JNC said:
telling people u bought a grey bmw is not good, tell them it's the new colour for 06 knowen as moonstone platnium or make something up :D like i just did ,they look nice in that colour but it's yellor for me

I like your thinking on that, Moonstone Platinum it is! :D

1200 GS

Brilliant colour choice - looks the business in yellow and silver. Great choice of bike as well!

Bienvenue

Tip. Don't get the BM top box. The crappy locking mechanism snaps easilys and then is prone to flying off down the road if you hit a bump, like a leaf of maybe a cats eye - have a look at posts on the subject.

Got mine refunded after box no.3 broke
.....so going to get a Givi

Mein Gott, with all these top box complaints I sound like a stuck recorstuck recorstuck recorstuck recorstuck recorstuck recorstuck recorstuck recorstuck recorstuck recor(repeat ad nauseam)

JNC said:
your bike must look somit like this then john boy :D but not as quick :dabone :p health to enjoy!! :thumb

Attachments

• DSCN0265.JPG
    DSCN0265.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 287
thanks for tip on top box ,dont like the look of givi top box bmw's own compliment the look of the bike a lot more i think ,but if its not up to much i'll just have to see what i can find .

JNC said:
thanks for tip on top box ,dont like the look of givi top box bmw's own compliment the look of the bike a lot more i think ,but if its not up to much i'll just have to see what i can find .
bm,s own top box is the job,and if it cracks,you get a new one :D

JNC said:
ps/mine goes over the odd jump/bump,as you know and it has not fell of yet :D :thumb

yea i know the odd jump/bump and thats just ur drive :dabone :thumb i think its bm's own for me

Colours & Top Boxes

The new 2006 colour is called 'graphite' here in France. I haven't seen one yet - but we have been snowed in for almost a week so I haven't seen anything!
I am not keen on top boxes because they put all the weight in the wrong place (although they are useful for helmet storage I suppose.) BUT I would like something to act as a back rest for the pillion passenger. Someone kindly pointed out to me a folding back rest designed for the 1200GS - but at £109 it seemed a bit extravagant. Any other ideas anybody?
Snow is forecast to melt tomorrow , as it was today but it didn't quite make it and we ended up with 20mm of ice; Tricky in the car with ABS working hard and for a chnge the bike has been unused for almost a week now.
What a relief to have a battery easy to get at should I need to charge it!

Folding Backrest..

[ Someone kindly pointed out to me a folding back rest designed for the 1200GS - but at £109 it seemed a bit extravagant.
This sounds interesting,,are the details on this site? I'll do a search. I too hate the look of top boxes but need a back rest for 'she who must be obeyed' but the only one I have seen is fixed. Nippy normans I think.
ta Brian.
P.S plenty of snow here in Milan also. 120k's in the outside lane of the autostrada was fun :rolleyes: (in a car though!) until mr Fiat flashes me to come by :eek:

Welcome JNC :thumb

Good choice of colour - just remember they're not meant to stay clean....

Attachments

• DSCN0148.jpg
    DSCN0148.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 106

Back
Top Bottom