Hey y'all...

Ozwold

Like others, I've lurked in the background for a while now... gleaning useful information and getting used to everyone calling each other Tossers! :eek:

Don't have a GS just yet (working on it - car up for sale!)... but have been looking for a while. First rode a friend's 1100 about 5 yrs ago and loved it (have ridden a few other GSs since then too)... but still hadn't got the track days and "need" for a sports bike out of my system back then, so stuck with my trusty Yamaha Thundercat.

However, a couple of recent tours (particularly Norway 18mths ago) showed up just how unsuitable the 'Cat is to tour on - for me anyway... knees, lower back and wrists gave me grief :confused: ... and now my intended wishes to join me for some 2-up touring and has demanded something more comfortable! So naturally my thoughts immediately turned to the GS.

Which leads me to my first question... pillion-friendly luggage for a stock 1150GS... any recommendations?

Also... just read mentions of the WM group meeting in Offenham... jeez... blast from the past... my childhood stomping ground (lived in Badsey until aged 18/1993!)

Cheers,

Mark (aka Oz)

p.s. Next round's on me... :beerjug:

Welcome Mark (tosser) :D

luggage, do a search on the appropriate section and you will find more than you bargained for, but have your cheque book ready, none of it is cheap, and there is always some seconhand stuff kicking about.

How much will you tek for pretza !

enjoy the club, and, reding your post, your just like everyone else, frustrated with the long winter and keen to get riding again...........roll on

Andy

Hiya Mark,

Welcome.... :beerjug:

There`s more than enough info about luggage in the other forums....have a look.

Legger - get riding again? Never stopped!! Another reason for wanting the GS... heated grips on the 'cat are great, but getting fed up of cleaning the chain all the time (even with a scottoiler fitted). Having said that, warmer weather would make me a little more inclined to ride more than the stock commute route.

Thanks for the advice about searching other areas of the site gents... had already started doing that, but seemingly not quite the right keywords... so many threads to sift through!! Need to put a few hours aside!

Cheers,

Mark

Back
Top Bottom