Looking for a service shop / dealership in London

Amir

I'm sick of battersea. After the last very bad expirience with them, I vowed I will never set wheel in that place again.

Problem is I need to have my ABS & speedo checked. It's not working. I tried to see if there is anything I can do myself with www.f650.com, but it's beyond my skills.

Slocombes don't deal with BMWs anymore.

Trying to search the forums didn't help much.

Is there any recomanded place in London fixing and servicing an F650 GS ?

North (Highgate).

But I really don't mind waking up ealry, riding to the other end of London, and then taking a tube to work. It's more important to me that I can trust the dealership, and that their pricing scheme isn't outragous... (=BMW battersea...)

All dealers listed here:

http://ecom.bmwgroup.com/ecom32/GB/BMWMotorcycle/en/pages/rfs/index.jsp;jsessionid=De2twROg916MvDg1lxL3fU1zFeTeme38swHam9gZ8V4WHWwdcEL5!-1925653520?process=rfs

If you don't mind a modest ride out would suggest either Sawbridgeworth BMW in Hertford (straight up the A1 from you) or Cannon's in Chelmsford (round the North Circular and then up the M11 / M25 / A12 - or - M11 / A414) - not very exciting roads but there you go.

If it's a starightforward problem (speedo not working and ABS perhaps not working :nenau ) any local bike shop should be able to sort you out. if it's a warranty job probably best to stick to BMW dealer.

If you want an official dealer in london, I think there is only BMW (the one in battersea).

In the suburbs there is SBW Motorrad in Hertford.

If you don't need to go the franchised route, there is a dodgy geezer in Kingston that can sort you out. Just post a thread callled "GO DO ONE" and he will respond :D

or you can go over to Prestige BMW...they'll give you a loan bike as well if you ask nicely - 300 Broadway, Bexleyheath - 020 8303 3030. They're usually in for 8.15 if you need to get back into London in a hurry for work.

Mobitec

Home counties based mobile BWM mechanic, highly regarded by those that have used him, parks his truck o/s your house/work and does the business. For contact details try the search function.

Would this be something Steptoe could do? He deals with the 650s as well as the boxers, does he not?

Amir, in case you are wondering, Steptoe is a member and general Beemer mechanics wizz kid. Frequently has the answers to mechanical conundrums...

Jap and German Motorcycles...

Have used J&G for a number of years when they used to be near Kew for both my airheads and oilheads.

I was always very pleased with them, years of BM experience and very helpful. Ask for Steve or Tony, now they are in Druid Street by London Bridge. Look here for details...

http://www.japandgerman.co.uk/

Since they moved to London Bridge I now use Steptoe 'cos he is nearer.

HTH
Charlie

I'd second Nadeem's comment on Prestige, workshop seem very good indeed - not particularly cheap, but then it's BMW - I never seem to really hit it off with Stuart, the dealer principle, but they do a good job in the workshop.

I've also heard very good reports from a few members about the Hertford dealer 'Sawbridgeworth' - although don't go to the Beckham's home town expecting to find it there - Sawbridgeworth bikes are in the middle of Hertford, just behind the baptist church.

A full range of options for you.

Prestige are a good bunch but it's a long way from Norf Lundun to Bexley Heath, so I hesitated to mention it. Also it's south of the river so it's full of right dodgy geezers . Ask Nadim, they nicked his bike.

Steptoe to is a real possibility. Slap his name in search.

There are regular trains back to the smoke from Hertford (home of Sawbridgeworth) and Chelmsford (home of Cannons).

Hertford and Chelmsford are way to far away.

I paid J&G a visit when I was looking for a bike. I walked away because they struck me as a bit dodgy. But it could have been me...

Prestige Sounds good. I think I'll start with them.

The mobile guy, how do I look him up ? Any name ?

Thanks for the info everybody. Very helpful.

Amir said:
Hertford and Chelmsford are way to far away.

I paid J&G a visit when I was looking for a bike. I walked away because they struck me as a bit dodgy. But it could have been me...

Prestige Sounds good. I think I'll start with them.

The mobile guy, how do I look him up ? Any name ?

Thanks for the info everybody. Very helpful.

Mobitec (Pat Keenan) - 0777 952 8715

Amir said:
Hertford are way to far away.
:nenau

Hertford, straight up the A1 / A414 from Highgate 20 miles, near enough straight road about 25 minutes.

Bexleyteeth from Highgate, straight across central London 22 miles or 40+ via A1 or North circular to M25, cross QEII either way, longer than 25 minutes.

Sorry, not sure if it's relevent, but i don't work on 650's .

Carry on . :D

Wapping said:
:nenau

Hertford, straight up the A1 / A414 from Highgate 20 miles, near enough straight road about 25 minutes.
Bexleyteeth from Highgate, straight across central London 22 miles or 40+ via A1 or North circular to M25, cross QEII either way, longer than 25 minutes.

This is probably very pedantic - sorry! but I think your timings are a bit out, and I can't sleep! RAC reckon 25miles / 38mins for Hertford, and 18miles / 34mins to B/Heath - so there's not a lot in it. If you were using the North Circular, you'd surely use the Blackwall Tunnel or the ferry? :thumb

However, should a train connection to London be necessary - Bexleyheath wins - it's only about 15mins to London Bridge, whereas I believe the Hertford lines both take the best part of an hour to reach the city. - Apologies again, note from pedants corner over! ;)

A bit further but worth considering the very excellent NOG. About an hour on a reasonably good run.

Paul

Hi Amir!

Can you please tell me about your decision regarding servicing your F650GS? I also have the F650GS and live in North London (Archway). I’m due to my 30k service and I’m trying to find out the best possible solution. I’m between Battersea and Mobitec. Although I wouldn’t mind travel further North or South.

Cheers,
Topap

Can certainly recommend Vines - always provided top notch service for me. They will provide a hire bike for £25, which is always an interesting way of trying out a new bike.

Battersea service

Hey Amir, why dont you give me a call (New service manager) i would be happy to listen yo your concerns about us, perhaps the speedo can be lookes at at the same time,,,,,,,,,,,,call me :)

Back
Top Bottom