Racing HP2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 5,715
Cockpit console to mount TT Roadbook and GPS

Attachments

• Racing HP2 Clocks.jpg
    Racing HP2 Clocks.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,699
Very nice....

Amazing what a massive aesthetic improvement is made by losing that fecking awful XL250 style headlamp....

That`s one of the first changes I`m going to make to mine.

OOOOOPS.....what a giveaway.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nice. I always wondered if there will be rallye kit for it from HPN or BMW - bigger fuel tank (with very low centre of gravity like the R900RR has) and complete front fairing for better wind protection.

Something like this:
242b8119.jpg

So it'd be easy to convert it for motorcross or rallye. And acctually it is the rallye where the HP2 would shine more brightly with it's prefrormance...

Margus

Tsiklonaut said:
Nice. I always wondered if there will be rallye kit for it from HPN or BMW - bigger fuel tank (with very low centre of gravity like the R900RR has) and complete front fairing for better wind protection.

Something like this:
242b8119.jpg

So it'd be easy to convert it for motorcross or rallye. And acctually it is the rallye where the HP2 would shine more brightly with it's prefrormance...

Margus

Hey Margus,
i know that you go to enduro events, do you have more pictures of the R900RR? I have HP2, and cant wait to see bigger tank from HPN that was rumored on ADVrider.
I will try to bring my bike as close as possible to that shape(the front end).

thanks! :beer:

CarbonCat said:
I will try to bring my bike as close as possible to that shape(the front end).

Hmm... You have multiple choices then.

The original R900RR 900cc looked like this - the front end was more minimalistic due fuel tank was smaller also the beak was part of fork (turns while you do) not part of front fairing (not turning) - the front light and screen are VERY similar to Touratech Desierto 1 fairing IMHO:

pgaction.jpg

pgbakhjul.jpg

pgframifran.jpg

s3.jpg

gsrr-sand.jpg

watermark-6.php.jpg

And then was this R1100RR buit for Oscar Callardo OPTIC2000 rallye - looks very similar to R900RR factory, but some differences, unfortunately i don't have any detailed pics - probably the best weight/performance GS-RR rallye machine ever made (R900RR was the lightest, but 900cc can't beat the 1100cc):

Oscar%20Gallardo-Tunisia-OPTIC2000.jpg

And then there was this R1150RR for BMW factory team - the most MASSIVE due HUGE tank and axiliary tanks taking more than 50 litres of fuel with it - it was a bit slow rallye machine due too much fuel on it to be in competition with long stages where fuel was issue. Beak is one part with front fairing - more plastic, more parts - more weight, the small +50cc increasment didn't give it any real advantage, but the very skilled rallye drivers did miracles with those massive machines, if only the clutches didn't burned out :D:

59bfd105.jpg

c4063e23.jpg

BMWDakar_drift_g.jpg

BMWDakar_doppel_g.jpg

4267_1024.jpg

watermark-12.jpg

And there was this special version of R1150RR bult by HPN for specially for PG Lundmark - looks very similar to the factory R1150RR, but note Öhlins front and some other differences:

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

8.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

pgbmw1130_2.jpg

hp2

I can't believe how much better that £20 headlight couling makes it look.I like it now :D It's lost that CG125 look.Andy

The original R900RR 900cc looked like this - the front end was more minimalistic due fuel tank was smaller also the beak was part of fork (turns while you do) not part of front fairing (not turning) - the front light and screen are VERY similar to Touratech Desierto 1 fairing IMHO:

gsrr-sand.jpg

And then was this R1100RR buit for Oscar Callardo OPTIC2000 rallye - looks very similar to R900RR factory, but some differences, unfortunately i don't have any detailed pics - probably the best weight/performance GS-RR rallye machine ever made (R900RR was the lightest, but 900cc can't beat the 1100cc):

Oscar%20Gallardo-Tunisia-OPTIC2000.jpg

And then there was this R1150RR for BMW factory team - the most MASSIVE due HUGE tank and axiliary tanks taking more than 50 litres of fuel with it - it was a bit slow rallye machine due too much fuel on it to be in competition with long stages where fuel was issue. Beak is one part with front fairing - more plastic, more parts - more weight, the small +50cc increasment didn't give it any real advantage, but the very skilled rallye drivers did miracles with those massive machines, if only the clutches didn't burned out :D:

59bfd105.jpg

The desierto fairing is a KTM part I think. They fit to 640 Adv etc. A friend has one fitted to a Gs 11 and it has KTM written on the screen.

Tsiklonaut said:
Hmm... You have multiple choices then.

8.jpg

somebody knows what are this handguards and spoilers? i looked in catalogs, but couldn't find anything... :nenau

NA1959 said:
:D All looks great but at what cost!!!!!! ;) :clap :clap

If you have to ask...............you know it's unaffordable

The 3 Race to Dakar F650 bikes, raced by Pavey/Hall/Boorman in the 2006 Dakar were rumoured to cost a cool £75,000 each, but more like £30,000 each for the bike itself in reality, the £75k probably included the Dakar entry and cost of the support crew

does this qualify HP2 at PJM Rally

he is my goodself at the pjm Rally on HP2 not quite as trick as the others but at least it is being used off road

Attachments

• pg1.1.jpg
    pg1.1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 2,130
thanks for sharing those photos

inspiration for a wet weekend / week / month thats all I have to say

Hay Ewe

I was looking back through these and remembered something I read in a magazine, possibly TBM (still going?) wher it said that Deacon had found that on the long straights across the desert, it the bike would get to a top speed and no more but he felt that the engine had more oommph, in the off season, BMW put it in to the wind tunnel and redisinged the front end, possibly leading to the fixed beak (I am not sure of the order of events)

any way, Like I said, thanks for posting the pics

Hay Ewe

Tsiklonaut said:

Something like this:
242b8119.jpg

Margus

Margus,
another question: why doesit say on the tank "GOAL WAS RACING" ?
i try to follow the bmw dakar bikes and theyir history, but couldn't find anything on that. I know that they had "GAULOISES" written on the tanks, since the official name of the team was "BMW GAULOISES".

Thanks!

CarbonCat said:
Margus,
another question: why doesit say on the tank "GOAL WAS RACING" ?
i try to follow the bmw dakar bikes and theyir history, but couldn't find anything on that. I know that they had "GAULOISES" written on the tanks, since the official name of the team was "BMW GAULOISES".

Thanks!

it's changed from "gauloise" to "goal was" because of laws in
france (and elsewhere) restricting cigarette advertisement....

dieter von hexhead said:
it's changed from "gauloise" to "goal was" because of laws in
france (and elsewhere) restricting cigarette advertisement....

last year(2006) there was a KTM-Gauloises team.... maybe because they didn't start at France ???? :nenau

Back
Top Bottom