Do I need knobblies for Morocco

Intrepid Ken

My wife and I are riding our GS's down and around Morocco in March. Not planning on doing any hard riding however should I change our tyres to knobblies or will my street tyres meet all requirements.

Basically how much roadway is paved? Is there a lot of dirt?

Watch out for the fine sane that covers the roads in the desert regions. You can't always see it - watch the tyres of the vehicle in front to see if any is being picked up. Be wary - you think you're riding on dry tarmac, but this stuff's more slippery than greased manure!

:eek:

Greg

to put it into perspective....

the locals will be on 100cc bikes with no treads on their tyres overtaking you on the outside of bends.

Tim Cullis said:
In our trip this January, Simon, Errol, Jochen and I were on TKC80 knobblies, Steve was on dual-purpose Tourances. Steve was the only one of us who didn't drop the bike.

Tim

maybe that's because Steve is the only one who can actualy ride a GS :D

dEAFERANTLY NOT, the roads are some of the best I have ever riden on if not the best in THE WORLD, they are all/most NEW,

MAKES BRITISH ROADS LOOK 3rd WORLD Honestly.

if doing silly offroad stuff may be but has to be VERY off route.

TiTS !

Well the TiTS mangaged it, and despite the disparity in weight/size I don't think you will have any problem on Tourances. Unless of course you plan to visit Zoumi (aka Town made of Shite).

BAKERMAN said:
dEAFERANTLY NOT, the roads are some of the best I have ever riden on if not the best in THE WORLD, they are all/most NEW,

MAKES BRITISH ROADS LOOK 3rd WORLD Honestly.

Yu nEEd Knobleee's in ANDOVEr thowe

Bit like asking, do I need knobblies in Wales. Same answear, yes and no :nenau

Tourances will be fine even for the majority of tracks. I always use TKC 80s, they inspire confidence on sandy tracks and for when that truck is comming towards you on the wrong side of the road and you take to the gravel without a second thought.

But agree with Greg's comment about fine sand on polished tarmac, knobblies won't help much there :eek:

Back
Top Bottom