Where's the best price for a 2610?

Taff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Before I take the plunge and order, where is the best price for a 2610? Aspids price is £433 + Postage from HERE

I bought my last GPS from Aspids and found them very good, so my initial reaction is to use them again.

I know this is excluding VAT but as I'm buying through the business, I can get it for the lower price.

Taff said:
Before I take the plunge and order, where is the best price for a 2610? Aspids price is £433 + Postage from HERE

I bought my last GPS from Aspids and found them very good, so my initial reaction is to use them again.

I know this is excluding VAT but as I'm buying through the business, I can get it for the lower price.

Comet on-line £519.95 inc VAT with free P&P was the cheapest I found. http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/647_248703.html

Hi

My one year old (but as new condition) 2610 is for sale at £400 in the 'For Sale' section is this is of interest.

Going to go the e-Bay route on the weekend if no interest here.

Cheers

Pete

£506

A mate just paid £506 from Comet the shop got it in for him not a net deal

Maplin is over the road they said £520 he poped into comet and they matched it plus 10% of the price difference or something like that :D

GPS

I thought the model to have now was the TOM TOM Rider - about 635 euros in France (about £430.) It is like most things these days, as soon as you buy something technical another better model comes out and yours is out of date and offered at about half what you paid!!

GPS Warehouse 2610

GPS Warehouse, London were selling 2610's for £450 incl VAT. Used them for a few bits & pieces such as RAM mounts and find their prices hard to beat. You can contact them via the RAM mount link in the GS website.

GPS

Brian ROSEN said:
I thought the model to have now was the TOM TOM Rider - about 635 euros in France (about £430.) It is like most things these days, as soon as you buy something technical another better model comes out and yours is out of date and offered at about half what you paid!!

Brian,

Have you got a web address for the above?

Brian ROSEN said:
I thought the model to have now was the TOM TOM Rider - about 635 euros in France (about £430.)..
I did look at a list of features for the TomTom Rider, but TBH I still prefer the 2610 from Garmin.

The only features the TomTom offered above the 2610 and which I liked were the 3D / 2D graphics, the 5 hour life of the internal battery and the Postcode Navigation. Ok the 3D graphic may be a gimick, I liked it :D but I can easily live with the 2D graphics. The battery isn't much of an issue to me - I plug it in the socket if I'm in a car or on a bike, and if I'm in a hotel room I will just use the adaptor. If camping - I'll just sit on the stationary bike with it plugged in. The Postcode navigation was very tempting, but from reading other threads there may be postcode searches available on the Garmin unit soon. :thumb

The disadvantages to me were the lack of PC mapping, you have to pay extra for European maps and the TomTom doesn't "float my boat". I love planning routes, waypoints etc for trips on the PC, then downloading them and when I realised you can't do this on the Rider it killed it stone dead for me. Perhaps it's my British mentality, but to me the TomTom just doesn't look tough enough, whereas the Garmin feels solid and capable of taking everything thrown at it. Finally, and it may sound daft, but I feel some loyalty to Garmin - music to their ears I'm sure. My first GPS was a Garmin and it gave me faultless service; very few have a bad word to say about their after sales service and you get the general impression that nothing is too much bother for them. So my gut feeling is to stick with a company you like.

I have dealt with GPS warehouse before and found them helpful. If the price quoted above is correct, I will order a 2610 with them tomorrow. :thumb

Taff said:
I did look at a list of features for the TomTom Rider, but TBH I still prefer the 2610 from Garmin.

The only features the TomTom offered above the 2610 and which I liked were the 3D / 2D graphics, the 5 hour life of the internal battery and the Postcode Navigation. Ok the 3D graphic may be a gimick, I liked it :D but I can easily live with the 2D graphics. The battery isn't much of an issue to me - I plug it in the socket if I'm in a car or on a bike, and if I'm in a hotel room I will just use the adaptor. If camping - I'll just sit on the stationary bike with it plugged in. The Postcode navigation was very tempting, but from reading other threads there may be postcode searches available on the Garmin unit soon. :thumb

The disadvantages to me were the lack of PC mapping, you have to pay extra for European maps and the TomTom doesn't "float my boat". I love planning routes, waypoints etc for trips on the PC, then downloading them and when I realised you can't do this on the Rider it killed it stone dead for me. Perhaps it's a British mentality, but to me the TomTom just doesn't look tough enough, whereas the Garmin feels solid and capable of taking everything thrown at it. Finally, and it may sound daft, but I feel some loyalty to Garmin - music to their ears I'm sure. My first GPS was a Garmin and it gave me faultless service; very few have a bad word to say about their after sales service and you get the general impression that nothing is too much bother for them. So my gut feeling is to stick with a company you like.

I have dealt with GPS warehouse before and found them helpful. If the price quoted above is correct, I will be ordering a 2610 with them tomorrow. :thumb

You can put postcodes into the 2610.

WOODY said:
You can put postcodes into the 2610.
From what I understood, at the moment you can narrow down a search using the Postcode field, but you can't search on Postcodes alone.

Read THIS THREAD though. :thumb

iangough said:
dont forget the (2 GB CF card) either. It will enable you to get the whole of Europe on... Dont stray from SANDISK otherwise you might experience occassional problems....
Will definately be getting a 2GB card, but what is the difference between a Type 1, Type 2 and Ultra 2 CF card? :nenau

Taff said:
From what I understood, at the moment you can narrow down a search using the Postcode field, but you can't search on Postcodes alone.

Correct bud :thumb

Taff said:
Will definately be getting a 2GB card, but what is the difference between a Type 1, Type 2 and Ultra 2 CF card? :nenau

The only difference between CF Type I and CF Type II cards is the card thickness. CF Type I is 3.3 mm thick and CF Type II cards are 5mm thick. A CF Type I card will operate in a CF Type I or CF Type II slot. A CF Type II card will only fit in a CF Type II slot. The electrical interfaces are identical.

The "ultra" bit is not a standard but points to high speed read and write (not necessary for the 2610)

Has anybody else had difficulty ordering through Aspids? I have used them before and had no problem then, but this time their website just wouldn't accept my order. Despite 3 e-mails over 3 days, and about 4 messages left on the UK telphone number, a week later and I am still to receive a reply. :nenau

In the end I bought a 2610 through GPS Warehouse. Impressive service and a very impressive GPS - awesome piece of kit and amazingly fast compared to the SPIII. :thumb

David Price said:
Is the 2610 waterproof for biking use?

It is waterproof enough - I think it is rated to IPX-7 (An IPX7 designation means the GPS case can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes.)

If you use it on a GS and mounted behind the screen - no worries - although to be honest I've yet to use mine in real heavy rain.

Back
Top Bottom