HP2 test ride from Vines - where to go on it?

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm planning to test ride the HP2 and wondered if anyone can recommend any green lanes close to Vines of Guildford or any other suitable venues.

Cheers
Jeremy

Do you have Mapsource ? I have a number of tracks/waypoints from the Surrey wombat hunt which cover the area to the East of Guildford.
PM me your email address if you want the .GDB file.

Jeremy said:
I'm planning to test ride the HP2 and wondered if anyone can recommend any green lanes close to Vines of Guildford or any other suitable venues.

Cheers
Jeremy

When is the test ride? I could take you on a few of the Byways if you want, so long as it's a weekend.

Ride up to Newlans Corner. You can then take water lane (gravel start, left as you go into the carpark) L down into Albury. About a mile of pretty rough BOAT - should do you well for a test ride, and only about 10 mins from Vines.

PM me if you need more info.

Bigtwin said:
Ride up to Newlans Corner. You can then take water lane (gravel start, left as you go into the carpark) L down into Albury. About a mile of pretty rough BOAT - should do you well for a test ride, and only about 10 mins from Vines.

PM me if you need more info.

Not rough anymore, it has now been regraded by the council and turned into a smooth gravel track. You could ride this Byway on any motorcycle! Not a realistic test for the likes of the HP2 unless you're a wimp!

HP2 test route

Head out of Guildford on the A3 south, take the A31 (Hogs back), exit at the Puttenham junction, turn left down the hill, go past the pub and take the fork right, follow for about a mile entering the 40 limit, road goes down hill followed by sharp bend to the left, at this point look out for turning into farm (by pond) on right, keep left and follow the lane for about 100 meters where it turns into a byeway of about 2 miles.
When you get to the end turn round and do it all again!!!! :D

Alternatively it you are looking for something challenging head to Shere on the A24 (Guildford/Dorking Road), turn right into Shere, go under quaint wooden bridge, slow down and look for entrance to sports ground carpark on left (before you get to the top of the High Street), turn into carpark and keep to the left for a cracking climb up onto the North Downs - This is the one that I did on my test ride!!! Bloody Marvellous.

If you need clear directions let me know - enjoy the ride but watch out if the roads are wet - 70mph wheel spins are not to hard to achieve on an HP2, I kid you not :thumb

slight adjustment

After reading the first set of instructions I thought I should clarify.....

....at this point look out for turning into farm (by pond) on right, turn right into farm[/I], keep left and follow the lane for about 100 meters.....

Blue Sweeper said:
When is the test ride? I could take you on a few of the Byways if you want, so long as it's a weekend.

The ride is booked for a couple of hours from 10am on Saturday morning. If you're about I'd welcome the company.

Jeremy

Clive said:
Do you have Mapsource ? I have a number of tracks/waypoints from the Surrey wombat hunt which cover the area to the East of Guildford.
PM me your email address if you want the .GDB file.

Clive, will that work with my Garmin GPS? if so my home email is the_eakins@hotmail.com

Jeremy

Blue Sweeper said:
Not rough anymore, it has now been regraded by the council and turned into a smooth gravel track. You could ride this Byway on any motorcycle! Not a realistic test for the likes of the HP2 unless you're a wimp!

Really - all the way up? Last time I was there (couple of weeks ago) they had done the bit at the bottom to the farm, but no more?

Head south on the A3 to Hindhead, turn right towards Bordon. then play on the all the military land there.
OK the MOD plod wont be happy, but hey you have an HP2 who is going to catch you :D

Jeremy said:
The ride is booked for a couple of hours from 10am on Saturday morning. If you're about I'd welcome the company.

Jeremy

Err OK, how much off-road stuff and an experiance do you want? :D

Blue Sweeper said:
Err OK, how much off-road stuff and an experiance do you want? :D

Nothing OTT especially with Vines £1100 excess. I just want to see what the HP2 is really capable off. Do I sell the the now perfectly specced GS1200? I doubt it. Does an HP2 fill that space in my garage where the tumble weed rumbles through? Will SWMBO accept a second bike? Currently reading previous HP2 reviews from Bike, Motorcyle Sports & Leisure and trying to find green lanes between my home in Kingston and my office in Mayfair.

Does Green Park have BOATs?

Head for Peaslake. When you find it, take the road up behind the church to the grave-yard. just keep going hehehehe....

Back
Top Bottom