I've just ridden the HP2, now calling marriage guidance

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Firstly a huge word of thanks goes to Roy "Blue Sweeper" for his green lane guidance this morning around Surrey. Without his local knowledge, the test would have been reasonably pointless. What this now means is that it's all his fault, or so I've told the wife.

My first impression of the HP2 at a fog swamped Vines this morning was, "ah, where did the money go?" My final impression was "bloody hell, it's cheap at twice the price!" The demonstrator model I rode looked very well used and very underloved. The pipes and exhaust especially looked as if they had been through the wars. There are tie clips holding on various bits of plastic, the hand guards look cheap and you're left with a sense of "hang on a minute, what am I missing here."

Roy is better placed to talk about where exactly we went but it was a good 2hrs of green lanes starting at Newlands corner and finishing with the ford crossing at Shere. Upon our return to Vines, both bikes and riders had to jet hosed.

So now I'm back home what do I think? My own GS1200 is a cracking bike, it's great for my daily commute, its carries the equivalent of what's in my attic, it's comfortable and it could be the last bike I ever need.

However, the HP2 just blew my mind. Sure riding out of Vines and through Guildford I thought ok its quicker but is that it. I haven't had this much fun on a bike since I rode 3,000 miles around Alaska on dirt last summer. And that was on a KLR650. Why? it was light, agile and had sufficient power. The HP2 is very light, very agile and has way too much power which is just right! It's a scalpel to my GS1200's broadsword. There is no way I could have ridden my GS1200 with TKC80s around the lanes I was on today. NO WAY!

So I'm left with a problem. In 2hrs I've had more fun on the HP2 than I have in 6 months of GS1200 ownership. Yes they're roughly the same engine but the punch and torque of the HP2 takes your breath away. It's pure biking in every sense of the word.

Now where's the web site for eBay, Autotrader and 1-800-MARRIAGE-GUIDANCE...............................

4100.jpg

4102.jpg

4101.jpg

4103.jpg

4104.jpg

Regards
Jeremy :thumb

My pleasure Jeremy, good photo's my the way.

However, you should have seen where I went in the afternoon with Jarv (Simon) very steep hill climbs, rock steps, sand, deep mud and jumping over logs :eek: which some kind person had put across the byways to try and stop our progress.

Our bikes coped very well :D

Do you remember the Land Rover guy your mate sprayed with mud...that was me!
Nice bikes though...very impressed!

Gauloises said:
Nice pics Jeremy :thumb
Wollaston bmw have a used HP2 with 400 mls for £10,995 ;)

Wierd :eek: I know of two others at the same price in different showrooms. :nenau One in Wales and one in Gloucs.. Any more ????

c'mon Jeremy just get it ....

Big bonuses are back in the City ... you will have paid that off with a small portion of bonus!!

As a wise OLD MAN told me "You are going to be the richest dead man!"

There's a fab tea-rooms place in Shere - you should have stopped in for a scone and jam - I'm sure they would have been delighted.

Roy - can you tell us your route please?

I know what you mean. I think it's a great bike, but I'm trying to justify the money and where I would really use the HP and to date I have not been able to justify the money.

Novice said:
c'mon Jeremy just get it ....

Big bonuses are back in the City ... you will have paid that off with a small portion of bonus!!

As a wise OLD MAN told me "You are going to be the richest dead man!"

It's all too late. The deed is done & my wife is looking for the services of a good hit man. :clap

Bigtwin said:

Roy - can you tell us your route please?

You'll all have to join me on the next "Wombat Hunt" due in March. ;) Keep an eye on the Off-Road Events section. :thumb

Jeremy said:
It's all too late. The deed is done & my wife is looking for the services of a good hit man. :clap

C'mon Jeremy ... live a little ... use a bit more of your bonus to buy the lovely wife a new pad in SW1 :D

Novice said:
C'mon Jeremy ... live a little ... use a bit more of your bonus to buy the lovely wife a new pad in SW1 :D

I think I might be the one needing pads! :eek:

And! And! the upside to owning an HP2 is that there is very little in Nippy Norman's or Touratech's catalogue to buy for it. You see! by buying an HP2 I am in effect saving money. Eh? Yeah! now that's thinking
HP3.jpg

HP1.jpg

HP5.jpg

HP2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom