Hi Guys

Mr Custard

Reaction score
Room for one more??? its a really sad day! I've just watched my trusty triumph disappear up the road with its new owner :( . Picked an 04 GS1200 up yesterday and if it wasn't lashing it down I'd be out there getting used to it.

Hello and welcome, I wouldn't bother waiting around for the sun :nono :cool: the gs is probably the best all weather bike around :thumb , you'll enjoy it whatever the weather :D , then you'll soon forget the Triumph. :rolleyes:

Shep :bounce1

BAKERMAN said:
Just sold one heap of shite and gone and got another !

The bit at the top of this section saying 'I'm new here, please be gentle ' didn't register then Steve?? :rolleyes:

Be nice to the new boys...one day they'll be eating your cakes :D

Fanum said:
The bit at the top of this section saying 'I'm new here, please be gentle ' didn't register then Steve?? :rolleyes:

Sorry, but my mum told me always to tell the truth.

Fanum said:

Been here a bit over three years and still not tasted one of his cakes:( :p

Anyway, welcome Mr Custard. :thumb

BAKERMAN said:
Just sold one heap of shite and gone and got another !

:hapybnce: :hapybnce:

Oh...the whingeing will soon start again................. :beerjug:

Heyup Mr Custard, are you any relation to Mr Pastry? and would you be one of the Birds Custards or the Ambrosia Custards? :loopy

Upset me!!!! With a wife who rides a ducati and 3 teenage kids, I'm just happy to have some hair left :D .

Definatley the custard cream as a morsal of choice as my waistline is a testement to.

Any similarity to Mr Pastry are purley coincedental, 'my dads never heard of him'!

Poole Quay starts again in April on Tuesdays :beerjug: , any of you guys up for a meet up down there one night?

heyup Mr Custard - welcome aboard. GS1200 - bestbike I ever owned - altho I was never 'privileged' to own an 1150 so what do I know?

Anyways I've never had more fun on a bike (maybe once on a JAWA 350 outfit in Cyprus - but the engine wasn't running at the time - come to think of it I can't ever remember the engine running).

Pooel Quay - done it a few times - definitely up for that - God is it nearly April already?

Cheers

All the Triumphs have gone??

I sold mine too (Sprint ST). It's the best bike I've ever owned but wouldn't do the crap roads that are planned in 2008 riding across Russia. I collect the GS this weekend and am looking forward to getting it run in. We're off to Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, :thumb Holland and back at the end of April. Should be well and truely run in by then!!

Paul said:
I sold mine too (Sprint ST). It's the best bike I've ever owned but wouldn't do the crap roads that are planned in 2008 riding across Russia. I collect the GS this weekend and am looking forward to getting it run in. We're off to Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, :thumb Holland and back at the end of April. Should be well and truely run in by then!!
Paul. Sounds like a great trip. Can only manage a short week in july this year so please leave any tips on the germany/belgium bits that may help our own adventure.

Welcome

Chin up :) just think of the elation when you watch your old 1200 disappear up the road with ite clueless new owner :p then you look round and there it is an 1150Adv waiting for you :bounce1 Its the next step up :thumb

Enjoy.

Mr Custard said:
Room for one more??? its a really sad day! I've just watched my trusty triumph disappear up the road with its new owner :( . Picked an 04 GS1200 up yesterday and if it wasn't lashing it down I'd be out there getting used to it.

It's supprising don't you think quite how many of us sold a Triumph to get a GS :mmmm Could it have been that little niggle in the back of your mind, (Why are my panniers full of water again?) :mmmm

It definately aint the way the Triumph rides. Handeling and reliability are spot-on :thumb :bounce1

I allways worrid about the quality of the plastic parts that coverd it, Which was a shame cos otherwise it was a great bike. :thumb
But I luvvv my 12GS :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

Welcome aboard Mr Custard.

Just a little advise with the 1200 GS, You might want to wear waterproof trousers if the road surface is wet, even if theres no rain :confused: Don't let it get you down just give the Duchman a call :)
Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom