New Boy On the Block ...

Magwych

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
yet another convert to the GS world. My Harley Dynaglide was getting a bit long in tooth ( 85 K miles to be close ), so I've taken the plunge, contacted my feminine side and ordered a yellow 1200GS. :bounce1

I tried to do this 5 years ago with an 1150, but I have such a string aversion to Showroom creeps that I blew off BMW and bought the Harley instead.

Don't know whether I am more mellow now or whether sales staff have got better ...

Anyway, Hi everyone, have been hanging around here for a while as a guest, time to come out of the shadows.

Some of your posts have helped me make the cross-over, some have just increased the anxiety ....

CityBum said:
so I've taken the plunge, contacted my feminine side and ordered a yellow 1200GS. :bounce1 ....

:hapybnce: :hapybnce: :hapybnce:

Well...you`re going to fit in just fine..... :thumb

Welcome aboard :beerjug: :beerjug:

City bum,

Which dealer did you use to buy this one, then?

Robin.

(PS 85K on a Harley? The speed those things go, you must have ridden it 24 hrs a day....)

Park Lane have got the deal this time, and yes it did take a long time to get 85k on the clock, and 3 seats, and 5 exhaust systems, and two alternator statots, and I've probably paid more in servicing evry 2,500 miles than I did to buy it ...
I could go on , and on , and on, but that needs beer ...

Suffice to say that despite all that it made a surprisingly damn good commuter bike and I will missit - hope the GS is the same in 5 years.

Hi CityBum,
Welcome to the site, hopefully the only anxiety will be where to ride next oh and on the Credit card with all the accessories (ex Harley you’ll be used to that, less chrome though).

Hi Mate, welcome. Don't know what part of Kent you are in, but be sure to read the posts for rideouts. When do you get your GS?

John

Hi Kas,
Credit card is used to abuse thanks to the HD, BMW accessories seem tobe much cheaper, and made of Stainless Steel in some cases - My Gawd whatever next ? You'll be telling me that the paint doesn't fall off next ...

CityBum said:
......and yes it did take a long time to get 85k on the clock, and 3 seats, and 5 exhaust systems, and two alternator statots, and I've probably paid more in servicing evry 2,500 miles than I did to buy it ...
I could go on , and on , and on, but that needs beer ...

Sounds like you're coming from the only direction from which a BM will be cheaper option! Here's a virtual beer :beer: , if you ever make it out on a meet, we may meet at some point and I'll buy you a real one! In the meantime, enjoy our GS and I hope it meets your expectations as well as mine have met my own.

Robin.

Whats the world coming to -

harley riders switching to GS's. :confused:

BMW marketing men have cracked it :D

Girl

Feminine side correct the 1200 is definately one for the ladies well done all that plastic your going to love polishing it and looking in the mirrors to do your 'lippy' :thumb Yellow! nice. :rolleyes:
Sense of humour a must only been here 24hrs but lots of fun to be had for little effort, welcome :D Citybum leaving yourself wide open with that one :dabone

Back
Top Bottom