'nuther noobee fae Scotland

Scottch

Hi guys,

Been lurking here for a while now after placing an order for my GS earlier this year.

Dealer called me yesterday to let me know they had received a crate with my name on it! :clap a couple of weeks ahead of schedule!

Looking forward to collecting it after reading so much here, and hope that you guys will guide me through the minefield that is GS ownership :thumb

Fingers crossed, I'll get the chance to put faces to names if there are any runs organised up here! :beerjug:

It's great to be a tosser!!

Cheers!

Scott

Well done :thumb , have you made the right choice which modle have you gone for?

Clive not Civey

Hi Clive,

I bought a bog standard R1200GS in blue/silver and a black seat - didn't opt for much in the way of extra's other than the heated grips and the clear indicators.

Looks like I'll not be collecting it for a couple of weeks yet, social calendar is a bit hectic

Cheers!

Scottch said:
Hi Clive,

I bought a bog standard R1200GS in blue/silver and a black seat - didn't opt for much in the way of extra's other than the heated grips and the clear indicators.

Looks like I'll not be collecting it for a couple of weeks yet, social calendar is a bit hectic

Cheers!

Nice choice of colour, but bloody hell not collecting for a couple of weeks :nono :nono :nono sort your priorities out man :confused: :confused:

Social calendar? Bin it ring the dealer tell him your going on a long tour in march and you need to get the first service out of the way befor you go :) get the bike as quickly as poss and enjoy.
Have you made the right choice? colour :) bike :( never mind its a good thing were all different, otherwise we would all be riding 1150Adv :thumb

Clive not Civey

Scottch said:
Family always comes first guys ;)
Yea, its a batsard in it :D

Welcome Scottch. Tosser :D

G C
P.S. What is it about Fife :nenau :nenau

Hello Scottch and welcome :)

You`ll be in some very good company,living where you do :thumb

G.C. said:
P.S. What is it about Fife :nenau :nenau

We love the smell and the big issue availability!! :confused:

Thanks for the welcomes guys - beers are on me!! :beerjug:

Ronno said:
Shahoor Sir, anither Fifer! Welcome :thumb

Shaakahnt!

A ken whit yae mean likes :D

Glad to see I'm not alone in the Kingdom Ron ;) Whereabouts are you?

I'm just off the A916 in Kennoway (don't hold that against me)

Scottch said:
Shaakahnt!

A ken whit yae mean likes :D

Glad to see I'm not alone in the Kingdom Ron ;) Whereabouts are you?

I'm just off the A916 in Kennoway (don't hold that against me)

Am doon in Leven likes. Used to stay in Kennoway masel, but left when the mither o' ma bairns turned 15 :D

Ronno said:
Used to stay in Kennoway masel, but left when the mither o' ma bairns turned 15 :D
Who did you say you knew in the Child Protection Unit....? :rolleyes:

Kin ell - I lived in Leven aw ma puff likes!

Jis roon ra corner fae ra Millfield yae ken.

So, apart from all the ripping - is there many runs etc.. organised up this way then?

Schtum said:
Who did you say you knew in the Child Protection Unit....? :rolleyes:

Hmmm, on second reading, that "quip" maybe looks a bit iffy :eek: I was merely high-lighting the commonly held local belief that there is a high rate of underage pregnancies in Kennoway :)

In answer to your question, "All of them" :D

Scottch said:
So, apart from all the ripping - is there many runs etc.. organised up this way then?

Yes indeedie! There'll be a few real soon too. Check the Scottish section oot for a flavour of past Ride Oots :thumb

Will all you fecking haggis hunters please revert to using the Queens English ??

I cannae undastand yees all....ye ken ???

:dabone :dabone

tarka said:
Will all you fecking haggis hunters please revert to using the Queens (sic) English ??
It's a fact rarely acknowledged by the English that the true custodians of the English language are Scots. If left to your own devices, everywhere South of Manchester would be speaking Estuary Engrish by now.

Also, as you'll have observed, while many of us are at least bilingual in that we have a command of both Lallands and English, to make no mention of the Gaelic and any of the Latin or Germanic languages, most of you appear to be fluent in little more than a hundred or so words of very basic Watch With Mother English.

Schtum said:
It's a fact rarely acknowledged by the English that the true custodians of the English language are Scots. If left to your own devices, everywhere South of Manchester would be speaking Estuary Engrish by now.

Also, as you'll have observed, while many of us are at least bilingual in that we have a command of both Lallands and English, to make no mention of the Gaelic and any of the Latin or Germanic languages, most of you appear to be fluent in little more than a hundred or so words of very basic Watch With Mother English.

Good job I`m fluent in French and good at Spanish then eh ?

Or you could almost have meant me..... :rolleyes: :p :p

Estuary EngRish ??

A touch of the Orient.....??? :D

Back
Top Bottom