Greetings

RussL

My name is Russell and I ride a '02 R1150GS which I bought used a few months after I sold my '98 K1200RS. I live across the pond in the US...Phoenix, Arizona to be specific. It's not Dakar, but there's plenty of heat and desert here. Although I'm not located inthe UK, I joined because I heard this was one of the best GS forums on the internet.

A little bit about me... I'm 49, and have logged over 100km miles in my 6.5 years of riding (mostl on my K12RS). I've been married to the same wonderful woman for 24 years and have two great sons. I work for Intel Corporation (computer chip maker) which has facilities all over Europe including Swindon, England, and County Kildare, Ireland. It's been several decades since I've been to Europe, but I hope to get over there next summer to do some touring.

This looks like a great site! Thanks for letting me play.

Welcome to the madhouse, which is indeed the finest GS resource on the interweb thingy. :thumb

Welcome aboard Russ......now you've got a proper bike you can start notching up some serious miles ;)

PS not bad going :thumb

RussL said:
My name is Russell and I am a GSaholic. I ride a '02 R1150GS

Fixed it for you!

My name is Mark, and I am also a GSaholic. It has been twenty minutes since my last ride...

And now I'm about to go out, give the bike a clean and head out for another one!

Welcome - if you want to know almsot anything about anything, some Tosser on here will have the answer. We've everything from organists to onanists :D

Hi Russ, If you're thinking of touring over here this summer, check out the forthcoming events section and try to get to one... :thumb

And welcome aboard!

Bryn :beerjug:

Hiya Russ.

Wish I had that kind of terrain nearby :rolleyes:

i recon I'd be racking up a helluva load more miles too :thumb

Best GS site on the internet? who told you that then? dance pize

RussL said:
My name is Russell I work for Intel Corporation (computer chip maker) which has facilities all over Europe including Swindon, England, and County Kildare, Ireland. It's been several decades since I've been to Europe, but I hope to get over there next summer to do some touring.

This looks like a great site! Thanks for letting me play.

Hi Russell, Welcome along. I live near Swindon, 'just far enough away to be in the peice and quiet of the country :) :) '

I know the Intel site in Swindon well, I used to go there alot as a courrier. Not so much going on there these days, I seem to remember they relocated a load of their work to Holland.

I couldn't say theres much sand or sun around here :( , But there's a lot of muddy hills round Swindon :) With loads of trail riding going on around this area.

If you get over this way please feel free to give me a shout :) , I'll be happy to show you around a bit. Or join you for a beer. :beer: :beer:

There's a couple of places localy where bikers meet on summuer evenings, 400+ bikes on a good day.

Enjoy your riding. :thumb :beerjug: Val. H.

Back
Top Bottom