Oi RAM-Man - where do I get the magnifying screen for the Quest?

guitarman

Hi mate, on another thread you said a magnifying screen was available for the Quest. I've tried looking for it but with no luck. Any idea where I can get one?

Cheers

Dick

guitarman said:
Thanks to Kritou for pointing me here - http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod2828.html

Anybody else use one? I've got a Ram mount for the bike but will the magnifier fit to the Garmin supplied car cradle? Cheers Dick

Hi Dick,

I heard your Oi shout from Brighton ...

I had explained some month backs, RAM-MAG-1 but can I find the thread reply :nenau The RAM-MAG-1 screen GPS Magnifier is sized 50mm x 100mm with 2x magnification.

It comes with a diamond adaptor, so it works with all RAM cradles and a ratcheting feature with rigi-flex rod. Look at this page link as it has an expoloded side on view as well as a view showing the magnification effect to the user. http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/ram-mag-1.htm

Its most unlikely to attach onto the garmin auto mount. But if you have the bike mount kit then to overcome this use a RAP-224-1 with a RAM-B-238 then transfer arm upwards from the bike into the car. :thumb

RAM-man

How much is that arm gonna vibrate on the bike though..............

Be interesting to see what it's like................maybe a short test out from GPS Warehouse is on the cards

Attachments

• ScreenShot001a.jpg
    ScreenShot001a.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 220
Jon said:
How much is that arm gonna vibrate on the bike though..............

Be interesting to see what it's like................maybe a short test out from GPS Warehouse is on the cards

Hi Jon,

Does this mean you've got tired eyes too and offering to test it for the Brighton busker :D ?. You'll need to look at the screen closely to find me :thumb

Several biker's now use it and the RAM boss designed this one for himself.

RAM-man

RAM-man said:
Hi Dick,

I heard your Oi shout from Brighton ...

I had explained some month backs, RAM-MAG-1 but can I find the thread reply :nenau The RAM-MAG-1 screen GPS Magnifier is sized 50mm x 100mm with 2x magnification.

It comes with a diamond adaptor, so it works with all RAM cradles and a ratcheting feature with rigi-flex rod. Look at this page link as it has an expoloded side on view as well as a view showing the magnification effect to the user. http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/ram-mag-1.htm

Its most unlikely to attach onto the garmin auto mount. But if you have the bike mount kit then to overcome this use a RAP-224-1 with a RAM-B-238 then transfer arm upwards from the bike into the car. :thumb

RAM-man

OK Mr RM, thanks a lot!

I think I have all the info I need now.

Cheers

Dick

RAM-man said:
Hi Jon,

Does this mean you've got tired eyes too and offering to test it for the Brighton busker :D ?. You'll need to look at the screen closely to find me :thumb

Several biker's now use it and the RAM boss designed this one for himself.

RAM-man

My only negative comment about the Quest is the screen size when you want a quick look on the bike.............if you have it zoomed in you can't see surrounding stuff.

What we need is a 2610 the thickness of the quest with an internal battery.......................or a Quest with a screen the size of a 2610.

Not picky, either will do....................... :D

Jon said:
What we need is a 2610 the thickness of the quest with an internal battery.......................or a Quest with a screen the size of a 2610.
Not picky, either will do....................... :D
Garmin produce this under the name of "GPSMAP 276C". :p

(OK, OK, OK, - I know that the 276C is slightly thicker than the Quest....) :eek:

HMR said:
Garmin produce this under the name of "GPSMAP 276C". :p

(OK, OK, OK, - I know that the 276C is slightly thicker than the Quest....) :eek:

An' only takes 256mb cards..................or I'd really consider one.

Back
Top Bottom