Fjiords of Norway in June

Biarritz

hi,

In June (11-24) a good value DIY tour of Norway for eight riders as to be completed in the next three weeks.
We are the usual bunch of six (mixed bike make, but BMW strongly represented)
so, two places available!
The cost is what we all pay (no finacial gain) just friendly bikers.
Its all orgenised with 4 dinners, all accomodations,Ferries crossings from Harwich to Esbjierg and Larvik to Histral.
Why i chase again some riders?
only because it would be nice to have new faces and new conversations to share.
contact me : pjvandewalle@tiscali.co.uk, then all info will follow.

:hammer Last chance, last three weeks :nenau

I'm thinking about doing this.

Has anyone here been on any other trips with the OP? Was it any good?

I can say that the package of info that he sent me was pretty top rate.

Al...

Norway June 2006

Hi. If you are about Norway in June we might see you there!!
Just look out two North Irish reg'd GS's 9th to 19th.
Heading for the Artic Circle and then down the west coast to Kristiansands.

If you send me you route and dates, and I'll try to meet you somewhere in the south, not too far from Oslo!
And that goes for ALL who are coming to Norway on two wheels! :beer:

:) Liv.

Liv said:
If you send me you route and dates, and I'll try to meet you somewhere in the south, not too far from Oslo!
And that goes for ALL who are coming to Norway on two wheels! :beer:

:) Liv.

Liv, will do it as soon as we have the dates (the exactly ones)! :thumb

We're definitely staying a couple of nights in Oslo, so could meet there if it's easier for you!! You're gonna have a very busy summer meeting all the GSer's in Norway :D

norway

..yeah, there's 2 of us travelling up to the top
in July...........2nd - 15th. May see you on the
return leg, fcasado.

Gordo'

-----------------------------------------------------

Mine's a pint....................an extra cold one !!

I'll be heading north also,probably the last two weeks in June.No firm dates yet though.
Can't decide whether to go cross channel and ride all the way or up to Newcastle and direct to Norway.Time hopefully won't be too much of an issue.
I went to Sweden last year so know its a bit of a motorway slog but the trip to Newcastle doesn't appeal much either.(although its much shorter of course)For some reason I am much happier doing long distances in Europe than at home. :nenau
Anyway,hope to meet some of you on the road.
Tony

It's looking like I'll be riding up from The Hague on Sunday June 13th.

I'm thinking that I'll try for 700kms to get into Denmark, so I can have a relaxed start the next morning to meet the boys as they get off the ferry around Noon.

Anyone know of a decent place to stay North of Hamburg if it doesn't go well?

I'm not sure what 700kms of autoban will be like on a 1200GS, but we'll see I guess...

Tips for "stopping for the night" in that part of the world, would be appreciated as I've never traveled in Europe on a bike before. Is it really likely that I could have security problems? I see lots of posts of people getting their bikes inside and stuff...????

Al...

I stayed in the Hotel Rosamundt in Albersdorf last year.(N 54.08.790 E 009.16.979)
Not exactly modern but pleasant enough.The owner speaks English and there is a large garage.IIRC a single room and breakfast was about €45
Tony

Crikey

Seems like there is a few of us going up thru Norway in June. I plan to leave on the 25th June and head to Nordcap, and then drop into Finland. if any of you happen across two 1200 gs's looking lost it could well be us so give us a wave. :beerjug: Anyone got any recomendations re the best crossing to take?

Back
Top Bottom