Walna Scar

jonesy

Reaction score
Out and about on the 1150 today not far from home.

Had a look at the Walna Scar road. (Seathwaite to Coniston) Cumbria.

Any of you GSers been over on a GS?

Done it plenty on foot and mountain bike. NO WAY you will get all the way on a GS.

You will get a fair way and it is fantastic going, but prepare to turn around and come back.

try again

Attachments

• normal_DSCF0126_mod.JPG
    normal_DSCF0126_mod.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 186
Another....

Attachments

• Walna.jpg
    Walna.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 185
Hiya Jonesy

Sounds and looks very interesting

Oh...and welcome :thumb

hi :) The Walna Scar road is closed to vehicles (4x4s and motorcycles) from 13 March 2006 to allow for major repairs. A temporary Traffic Regulation Order will be implemented for a minimum of six months.

:confused: The second pic where the Toyota is descending does look quite challenging, but that first one is just basic track......

Is it really that bad that it's not GSable in places???

From those two pics I'd certainly have a go at it.....as I'm sure others would :nenau

From those two pics I'd certainly have a go at it.....as I'm sure others would

Bill, the pictures don't do it justice. There are worse technical sections than that which I don't have a picture of.

I used to ride trials at a high standard and maybe Id have a go on a light competition bike - NO WAY on a GS, not even the HP2......

You would need a sea king helicopter to get you out if you got stuck.

Have a walk up it someday......absolutely fantastic.... on foot

Trail bike

Attachments

• TRail.JPG
    TRail.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 153
Going up from Seathwaite wouldn't be a problem (apart from it being closed to vehicles) but there are a few 'technical' bits on the Coniston side I seem to remember. I'd attempt it on a trials bike but nothing bigger (but that probably says more about my lack of skills that anything else ;) )

Last time I was up there (walking) I rough camped right at the top on, just off the path to Buck Pike/DowCrag - lovely sunset! Never thought of MTBing it though, looks great! I'll have to try that when I'm up there later this month.

Another 'easy' section for Fanum to get up......... :D

with a picture.... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 3e8f1341d9a2d.jpg
    3e8f1341d9a2d.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 141
Last time I did it - I hated it and vowed never to return, that was on a XR250 and the rocks were the size of footballs :eek: :eek:

walna scar pics

more walna scar pictures from 4.3.06

Attachments

• ws1.jpg
    ws1.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 26
  • ws2.jpg
    ws2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 26
  • ws3.jpg
    ws3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 26