Biking on the Fosse

Toad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

Having had a brief discussion yesterday with a chap on an 1150GS at the temporary traffic lights on the A429 between Moreton-in-Marsh and Shipston-on-Stour who having done a bit of research I guess is on here as Spud decided it was time to come out of the darkness and do the whole registration thing.

Spud - I was on the red 1200GS. If you're up for a beer and a chat about the bikes that lasts longer than a red traffic light then get in touch.

Great site - I'll be here more often now I'm guessing.

Hiya matey....welcome :thumb

No need to guess about spending more time here......it`ll be morning,noon and night before you realise it..... :D :D

Welcome Toady, I have a cousing who lives in Shipston, Helen who is married to Mike. They are both bikers so I wonder if you know them...unfortunately i have forgotten the surname. Mike prefers sportsbikes but also does a lot of off road and Helen used to rider a VFR400.

Do you also know Mike Davies at Robsom Racing in Shipston, he is a good bloke and does good deals on tyres.

Evening your lordship . . .

Sorry - don't know your cousins - Not been in Shipston all that long, and as I have a small snotgoblin I don't get out all that much!!!

I'll certainly look out for them though.

I've not used Robsom, but a growing list of people have had good things to say about Mike, so I will certainly be paying him a visit in about 500 miles by the looks of things!

BTW - Tarka - You wanna hear my Tarka joke?

Beware though - Being a newbie here it may have graced these pages before. . . . Apologies if it has!

thetoad said:
BTW - Tarka - You wanna hear my Tarka joke?

Beware though - Being a newbie here it may have graced these pages before. . . . Apologies if it has!

If it`s anything to do with being like Vindaloo but a little `otter I already know it .....ahem..............

I'll go back to my quiet corner then ;-) Always been one of my favorites. . . .

Firstly, welcome.
Secondly the 429 doesn't go to Shipston on Stupid, that's the A3400.
Thirdly, when the weather gets better there is a meet for old cars and motorbikes at the Norman Knight, Whitchford on I think the third Thursday of the month. Lovely location and some nice vehicles; oh and the pub has a microbrewery as well ;) ;)

Ok, so I didn't realise splitting hairs was the order of the day . . .!!!!

For the record - it was nothing to do with the A3400, but was the A429 followed by the B4035 which does go to Shipston (Stupid or not!!!).

Look forward to the Norman Knight though. Great Shout.

Back
Top Bottom