picked up new 1150gsadv today.

smilee mark

Reaction score
i reckon heaven must be full of them. Have done 113 ks so far. On windy hilly country as advised. Man it was rough :) :) Sorry no pics will post tomorow as got home when it was dark. I do have a ?. Does the gearbox take a bit of braking in Mine was particularly clunky goin up the gears (suprisingly enough(or is it just the user F...n his revs. This site has helped me make my mind up re model (as it was allways goin to be a beemer). I was amazed how well it road and how much fun to corner they are thanks guys . My next posting will be as a subscibed member . :beerjug: :) :)

Welcome aboard and happy new bike :thumb

The gearbox issue is likely a couple of factors.....it needs to bed in and also if you`ve come from a Jappo bike in particular you need to adjust to riding a Beemer...they are a tad different :p

tarka said:
Welcome aboard and happy new bike :thumb

The gearbox issue is likely a couple of factors.....it needs to bed in and also if you`ve come from a Jappo bike in particular you need to adjust to riding a Beemer...they are a tad different :p

Thanks Tarko
My feelings are i should give it time, but it is differant to the r100 sh..t its fun learning though :) :)

smilee mark said:
Hey tell me how to do it (well be a subscriber any way..!!

There`s no compulsion of course...but you hung yerself with that statement before,didn`t you..?? :D :D

Click on the red 'Site Sponsor' by any Sponsor`s name for info :thumb

Re Subscription!! Tarko. Mate its been a long day for some reason they are rejecting my credit card details. May be it is because i have had too many celabratory ales , or their could be a problem as i only picked the card up today, either way i am going to sleep on it, 12 midnight here. Hopefully when i post the photos tomorow (in the light of day) it would sorted itself out. .thanks for all the imfo :beerjug: :) :) :) Cheers

thanks stubbee Smilees been my nickname for 40 years so unlikely to change. i will do my best with the bike (LoL) :D :D

smilee mark said:
i amm havin trouble downloadin can anyone help. telling me to much space,

Hiya mate...well done on getting yer Sponsorship sorted :thumb

Pics....you`ll have seen that there`s a maximum size allowed.

To alter yours,try right clicking on a pic you want to post.

There`s some prompts...'Resize Picture'.....try the Small option ( 480 screen ) or Custom Size if it`s a real biggie. You`ll get it.

To post it,in the Reply Box click on Manage Attachments,then Browse to allow you to select your chosen pic.

Hope you can follow my scratchy notes ok ! :D

Congratulations!

Excellent choice of bike :thumb i've got to say the gearbox on my 05 1150Adv is excellent, on a par with all the Jap machinery i've owned in the past. Stick with it smilee mark give yourself a time to get used to it if your still not sure ask your friendly dealer :spank to check it out.

:adv:

smilee mark said:
Does the gearbox take a bit of braking in Mine was particularly clunky goin up the gears (suprisingly enough(or is it just the user F...n his revs. . :beerjug: :) :)

My 05 GSA's the best cogbox of any of my past four GSs' (an 1100 & three 1150's) But they do seem to vary & like the rest of the bike smooth out with a (good) few miles. I've always seemed to sell my others just when they were getting to their best :rolleyes: (about 20 - 30k miles) - but as I won't be able to get another of these fantastic behemoths we'll see what this ones like when it gets to 60k or so - can't see me ever selling this one :thumb

Enjoy a fantastic bike mate, you've picked a beaut :clap :beerjug:

Cheers

Ade

thanks for all the imfo, :) :) done 350 (hey had a big weekend, well not that big)on it, and it is settling down magnificently . still a bit funny in 1st and second but imprioving dramatically. Havenot owned a beemer for 10 years, forgotten how great they are, just lovin it. :) :D :) :D :beer: :beer:

Back
Top Bottom