Base in the Dolomites...

Lumpsucker

Reaction score
The annual invasion of Europe this year is going to be two weeks in the Alps/Dolomites starting off at Lindau on Lake Constance.
Having never done the Dolomites before we are looking to make a base for 4-5 days. Having looked at the maps I was considering Arraba.
Any views anyone?
Also any comments on visiting Venice by bike would be appreciated...

You won't get better than this hotel, situated between Corvara and La Villa/Stern

Superb Rooms

Excellent Food

Leisure Complex......to die for

Underground garage............to keep your bike happy

Unparalled Views of the mountains

and surrounded by lots of Italian women

Need I go on

All for about £40 Half Board per night per person, sharing a Twin/Double Room

My favourite European Hotel

http://www.hotelcristallo-altabadia.it/

Just be prepared, if you choose the wrong dates you will be in the middle of most of Germany treating the 4 passes around teh Sella Ronda as a track day :eek

Other than that, you can't go wrong, enjoy :D

hotel

Got to agree with Johnny on this one,the standards are very high/superb food/rooms go out do lots of passes,I do believe a couple of the group staying there last year done a bit of pass storming and bagged 17 passes in one day.
Roll on July 22nd I'll be back there on my motard for sure :thumb .here is a pic taken about 6am from the room we was in,literally round that corner do a right and your on passo pordio I think :confused: it's good anyway :thumb Andy

Attachments

• CRISTALLO ROOM.jpg
    CRISTALLO ROOM.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 198
Best bet for a trip to Venice is to go on one of the organised coach trips. Cost about 40 Euros.

You have no worries about bike security, wearing the wrong clothes or having a few glasses of pinot Grigio over lunch.

When I did it the price included a ride in a gondola and a guided cruise around the lagoon.

A nice snooze in the coach after a tiring day was ideal preparation for dinner that evening, back at my Lake Garda base.

Thanks very much for the advice... Johnny, looks like I'll be booking up at your place....

That Hotel is e good hotel but if I do not remember wrong it is along a road and in the middle of nothing. In that Valley, Badia Valley, every hotel has an excellent standard for low price, I would choose one in the town so to have the opportunity to have a walk, shopping, to have a beer and to see these famous italian women (in Badia Valley italian women??? Ladin women maybe).

Arabba is a death city, I think that Corvara is the best choice. ;)

Back
Top Bottom