Streetpilot III Ram mount

Macca2321 said:
I got the Touratech Lockable Mount with mine. Looks the biz and does the job. Bit pricey new though i think :eek:

Macca :thumb

Pricey and Im planning a trip to europe in September, dont know if I would revcive it in time :rolleyes:

~Stef~ said:
Wonder i I could just by the disc part ive got the arm and u-bolt from my Garmin V
You could, but it wouldn't fit. The SPIII uses a cradle, which is only about £15 to buy.

Actually, I've just re-read the above. You can use the cradle which was part of the car mounting kit. I bought an extra one, so I could use it in the car & on the bike without having to resort to the screwdriver. Sorry.

Is it an SPIII ..?

~Stef~ said:
Bought a S/H Streetpilot III as an upgrade for my Garmin V
but which Ram mount fits the unit.

Ram UK lists this for Streetpilots

http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/ram-b-145b.htm

But the SP3 is a different shape at the back

StreetPilot has been a generic Garmin brand name used over several years and is now being extended to such devices as i3 and C3xx etc. So please be exacting !.

The original Streetpilot/colormap units had a RAM-B-145B which is 'T' shaped bracket that attched to the rear of the casing. This was also offered as a mount kit as well, so arm and u-bolt.

The SPIII or SPIII deluxe version used Garmin's own cradle (010-10304-00) when removed from the bean bag kit and onto a GS set up the mount is RAM-B-149Z-G1 (as has been suggested) and the round base attaches to the rear back face of the garmin cradle. A power lead BEC01 for the SPIII with bare wire end or same but with BMW plug is CLC01B .. and can be obtained from gps warehouse.

RAM-man

RAM-man said:
The SPIII or SPIII deluxe version used Garmin's own cradle (010-10304-00) when removed from the bean bag kit and onto a GS set up the mount is RAM-B-149Z-G1 (as has been suggested) and the round base attaches to the rear back face of the garmin cradle. A power lead BEC01 for the SPIII with bare wire end or same but with BMW plug is CLC01B .. and can be obtained from gps warehouse.

RAM-man

Thats what I need the round base (RAM-B-149Z-G1) to attach to the original cradle, it just so happens that i need a new power lead the audio speaker connection has snapped off mine.
~Stef~

chasr said:
You could, but it wouldn't fit. The SPIII uses a cradle, which is only about £15 to buy.

Actually, I've just re-read the above. You can use the cradle which was part of the car mounting kit. I bought an extra one, so I could use it in the car & on the bike without having to resort to the screwdriver. Sorry.
Note that there are two different cradles. One to be used in cars with a simple snap lock and one more robust for the bike. The bike cradle has a screw securing the SP3 to the cradle.

HMR said:
Note that there are two different cradles. One to be used in cars with a simple snap lock and one more robust for the bike. The bike cradle has a screw securing the SP3 to the cradle.

The cradle that came with mine has a securing screw :thumb

On another note, The software I got with the SPIII was City Navigator V5 and TWO updates for City Select V6 as far as im aware the SPIII only uses Navigator, anyone know different ?

~Stef~ said:
On another note, The software I got with the SPIII was City Navigator V5 and TWO updates for City Select V6 as far as im aware the SPIII only uses Navigator, anyone know different ?
You can run either City Select or City Navigator or both in your unit. From version 8 and on the only choise is City Navigator.

Use your Cupon Code (=Customer Code) and login as a returning customer at www.garmin.com. There you can see what map licenses are allocated to your unit and also find all unlock codes you need.

:type

HMR said:
You can run either City Select or City Navigator or both in your unit. From version 8 and on the only choise is City Navigator.

Use your Cupon Code (=Customer Code) and login as a returning customer at www.garmin.com. There you can see what map licenses are allocated to your unit and also find all unlock codes you need.

Ive got Navigator 5 which appears really dated, and Select 6 which is a bit more up to date

~Stef~ said:
Ive got Navigator 5 which appears really dated, and Select 6 which is a bit more up to date
Stef,

I've got a spare City Navigator Europe V7 with unlock code sat here if it's of use.

Reasonable offers accepted.

MikeP said:
Stef,

I've got a spare City Navigator Europe V7 with unlock code sat here if it's of use.

Reasonable offers accepted.

Tenner :thumb

~Stef~ said:
I should have stipulated that 'reasonable offer' means non-Jockinese reasonable! :rolleyes:

I might just use the discs as coasters instead! :p

MikeP said:
I should have stipulated that 'reasonable offer' means non-Jockinese reasonable! :rolleyes:

All right a tenner and ill buy you a pint :D

:D
MikeP said:

From the nation that invented the Car Boot Sale :confused:

Mmmm... "Crab's ar5e at five fathoms" springs to mind.

Remember --- The Royal Bank of Scotland owns all your English banks is because we are good with money :D

Now - I have some Florida swampland that I can sell you......

Al :thumb

MikeP said:
Stef,

It may or may not be of use.

Is it a complete license with unused Cupon Code it may be OK but if it comes only with an Unlock Code it's useless. The Unlock Code works only with a specific unit.

If it's a Update CD it may be of use but only with an unused Cupon Code.

Note that the CD itsef has no value. It can be ordered free from Garmin. It's the Cupon Code that carries value. But only until used....

Back
Top Bottom