BMW Navigator III - With Bluetooth

TheJoker

Reaction score
Just a post on the Engadget Gadget blog..

http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/06/garmins-bmw-motorrad-iii-navigator-motorcycle-gps-receiver/

From Ployer
http://ployer.com/archives/2006/04/garmin_bmw_motorrad_navigator_iii.php

From Navigadget
http://www.navigadget.com/index.php...w-motorrad-iii-navigator-soon-to-be-released/

Via Mobinaute (In French)
http://www.mobinaute.com/mobinaute/article.php?id=20060406105916

Which Google translates to:

The BMW Motorrad Navigator III, a new PND for the owners of two wheels After the PND TomTom To wrinkle and Garmin Buell Quest, it is with the turn of a new PND envisaged to be used mainly by the owners of two wheels which is available with Garmin which recently presented its BMW Motorrad Navigator III. Garmin BMW Motorrad Navigator III makes it possible to have an interface of navigation in 3d, has a screen TFT anti-reflecting color of a resolution of 454 X 240 pixels and a Bluetooth connector industry making it possible simultaneously to have vocal indications via a vocal Bluetooth auricle and other data, being possible to use the apparatus of pocket like a simple kit free hand connected on a mobile telephone Bluetooth. The BMW Motorrad Navigator III integrates moreover numerical charts of Europe in its memory, 500MB of open space of storage being more available. Concerning its software of navigation assisted by integrated GPS, the PND has version 8 of MapSource City Navigator Europe NT. The system is also delivered with its complete software on DVD, thus facilitating the preparation of route on PC. It should be noted that Motorrad Navigator de Garmin integrates moreover of the functionalities of Text-to-Speech while it makes it possible to improve its function of tracklog and integrates a list of POI of dealers BMW Motorrad. The next PND of BMW/Garmin is envisaged to be marketed in the current of April for a still unknown price.

:thumb

That should integrate nicely with Intaride’s Bluetooth Intercom hub as well as BMW’s helmet, very neat :)

Sure wish that someone could find me an 'official' BMW press release about this - then I might be able to tell you what I've been riding with lately... :D

Michael

PanEuropean said:
Sure wish that someone could find me an 'official' BMW press release about this - then I might be able to tell you what I've been riding with lately... :D

Michael

a bike? :)

PanEuropean said:

Michael

I'm sure we can wait for an official press release from BMW on the Nav III...

BUT...

Tell us, whatever it is you've been riding around with...: Is it any good.. ? :D :D

TheJoker said:
Tell us, whatever it is you've been riding around with...: Is it any good.. ? :D :D

Yea, this thing I have been riding around with is really quite a fascinating little bit of kit - sounds quite a bit like the thing mentioned above :D :D :D - my only complaint so far is how much it cost me to buy a BMW System 5 helmet with the WCS-1 Bluetooth Communication System in it so I could listen to it - Cripes, I have bought entire motorcycles for less than that in the past.

Michael

Michael,

You got any more info for us on this mysterious thing you've been riding around with lately?

Am curious as to wether the software / operating system is like the 26xx / 27xx series by Garmin or more like the MAP76 series. The 76csx has the software / operating system / packaging I relly like, but no voice prompts :( In fact, the only one I can find with a "proper" user interface (the ability to manipulate waypoints, etc) and the voice prompts is the 276C ... but it's so BIG & and is starting to look like old tech!

Also, could you use the thing off the bike ... walking / in the car, etc??

Dale

Hi Dale:

I can't say anything more about it until either BMW or Garmin put the information out to the public... hence my request above that as soon as someone sees an official press release (or the product turning up on the BMW or Garmin website) that they post a link to the website / press release here.

Once BMW or Garmin have announced it, then I can talk about it.

Michael

I was in past my local BMW thief, sorry dealer, yesterday and was told they had just received their stuff about the Navigator III. Salesman expects it to be available in the next 2/3 weeks, no price announced yet. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't want/need one........

PhilM said:
I was in past my local BMW thief, sorry dealer, yesterday and was told they had just received their stuff about the Navigator III. Salesman expects it to be available in the next 2/3 weeks, no price announced yet. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't want/need one........
PhilM, let me help, you don’t need it and you don’t want it…

How’s that ;)

PanEuropean said:
Hi Dale:

I can't say anything more about it until either BMW or Garmin put the information out to the public... hence my request above that as soon as someone sees an official press release (or the product turning up on the BMW or Garmin website) that they post a link to the website / press release here.

Once BMW or Garmin have announced it, then I can talk about it.

Michael

If you can't tell us what it is........how do we know any press releases relate to "it"? ;)

I have faith in you Howard - you'll know what you are seeing once you see it. So, keep looking, and once you find a press release or announcement on someone's official web site, post a link to it here, then I can tell you what I know.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom