Quest & TT Mount.

Bikergary

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well Finally decided that the GPS V needs replacing, so just ordered a Quest (1) and was thinking about mounting for the Bike. At the moment I have a TT GPS V mount bolted to the GS handlebars which stay there permantly, and was thinking about the TT version for the Quest. Has anyone had experiences with the TT Quest mount especially as I notice there are 4 types. Standard, lockable, Standard with damping, and locking with Damping.

TT Mount

Hi Gary, I have a lockable one with damping. All of them are a good thing as they support the ariel which many mounts don't.

I think the lock is a good bet as I feel far more secure . These things would be so easy to nick if you had just left the bike to pay for petrol or something like that. Also I am a bit forgetfull so when I inevitably forget to take it off the bike when I walk away there is still a chance of it being there when I get back! :homer

As far as the damping is concerned I am not sure that anyone has had an issue due to vibration but at the time I bought mine I was riding a Ducati so I didn't have the benefit of the wise men from this Forum to ask :bow

Hope this helps

I use the standard with damping and have no qualms with this. With hindsight though I would probably go for the lockable version. However, this one is easier to take off and put it in your pocket.

PB090253%20(Medium).JPG

PB090256%20(Medium).JPG

If you mount it like this:

g1100ps02.jpg

You can read it much better and the RAM cradle is fine, as the dash mount is on rubbers and thereby damped already.

But maybe you knew that already :)

Cheers,
Michel

PB090256%20(Medium).JPG
[/QUOTE]

Oh No! Someone's nicked your bike, and taken it to..................................
...............................WALES
:eek:

Al :D

God's country and home to some of the best biking roads in the UK!!!!! :D

Not sure what happened to my last post I quest ir dissapeared after the esent "problems", any how....

MiGSel said:
You can read it much better and the RAM cradle is fine, as the dash mount is on rubbers and thereby damped already.But maybe you knew that already :) Cheers,Michel

My dash bounces around enough I think with extra weight it will probably bounce even more :)

Well I think the TT Locable is the best one to get as I leave the place on the bike permanently anyway, and being locable will be usefull when away from the bike for a short period.

and want to power it through an under seat socket (used for my Battery Charger) and will plug into a TT Bracket but can be removed easily, that seams even harder to find.

FYI - The QPAC lead won't fit the TT cradle without some modification. Probably easier to get the TT lead as well.

brassmonkey001 said:
FYI - The QPAC lead won't fit the TT cradle without some modification. Probably easier to get the TT lead as well.

Cheers guys, I have now ordered TT Mount and TT lead, Can't wait, want to play :)

Back
Top Bottom