Spoilt for choice

Hew

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I went over the Wayfarers last weekend and have started to become addicted to these tracks.
One evening in the week I took a track off the Berwyn mountain down towards Llandrillo.
Atthegate.jpg

Onthewaydown.jpg

At the bottom is a ford that crosses to a farm house. This is a really special place
Justovertheford.jpg

With a bit more time to spare I went over from Glyn Ceriog To Glyndyfrdwy and if I had been quicker would have got the steam train in the photo as I came down to the A5.Notice the muffs are now off.
Tooslowforthetrain.jpg

From there I headed back toward the Wayfarers and could not resist this time doing a long loop back onto the same road
Wayfarers.jpg

Wayferers.jpg

It is truly isolated there.
Empty.jpg

Downarockypath.jpg

Some of the water here was really deep!
Afterthesoak.jpg

And finally back onto some tarmac
Tarmacinsight.jpg

What I am amazed by is how capable the GS is and how bad I am. I had a few hairy moments but it just helps to remind me that I am still alive.
I finished it off turning off a dirt road and chasing a couple of sports bikes down the Berwyns, truly a duel purpose bike.
Now the tourance are nearly worn out the question is am I going to go the whole hog and put TKs on.
Those of you going to the Gser meet in Llangollen are in for a real treat.

Hew

Respect for doing it on Tourances.

We'll be including the Wayfarer in the dirt ride at the Llangollen Rally - hope you can join us / show us how it's done.

Simon

Hi Sorebums,
Most of the track is loose stone so I stayed in the ruts and not on the grassy centre I would have on TKs. Either way it is a hell of a track.
I am hoping to get to Llangollen but will most likely go on a road trip because my tyres are not up to thick mud as I found out going through a deep water rut!

Yes very familiar!
I've just had a look at your web site.
Fantastic a truly amazing journey. :bow

Have you ben able to settle down again after it?

great photo's it looks like true GS country. How many miles is the off road run on the Llangollin weekend? is most of it on this kinda stuff?

Trippy

The run will be 135kms with about 40% of the distance and about 70% of the time off-road. Lots of places where we get back to tarmac for anyone who gets too tired to carry on. Most of the tracks are low-speed and technical, but nothing that someone with a little green laning can't do. Knobblies madatory cos of the mud and ability to reach the ground is VERY useful as there's afair bit of paddling along. have a look at the photos from last year:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44093

we'll be doing the same route but in reverse - your GS does have a reverse gear downn't it ;-)

Hope yuo can join us.

Simon

Sorebums,
Congratulations enjoy the beer, these women don't realise what men go through when they are giving birth. :beerjug:

sorebums said:
Trippy

Hope yuo can join us.

Simon

Been looking at the piccies of last years and to be honest I think I'll do the Exmoor weekend, finishing work at 5pm on Friday its a darn site closer to home.
The tracks over the moor and the Qauntocks look abit drier than North wales

quantock134ub.jpg

well in places! .... and abit wider and quicker.
Its a shame cos it would have been nice to put a face to as many names as possible and hopefully next year both events wont be on the same dates so that we have to choose between them.

Back
Top Bottom