gsa cockpit power socket

fartoofastforme

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
i plan to use my pda with sat nav on my gsa, i reckon that i will be able to get a cradle and mount made up for it and have have bought a spare cig lighter plug and charger for it and plan to chop off the end and attach the smaller bmw type on so it can be plugged into the cockpit. anyone done anything similar ?, advice would be a help.

Most PDAs are 5 volt with a transformer in the cig lighter plug

I have just come back from Sctoland using my pda (sat nav) and it worked really well. I mounted my pda in my tank bag as it was the only way i could make it waterproof. I put the pda in the map section and made hole threw the back into the main area of the tank bag, the holes were for the wires and the cradle to fit in. It also meant that all the wires and the satelite receiver were in the tank bag out of the way. To get power i bought a one meter 12v extension cable with a plug on one end which i changed for one that fits the bike and a socket on the other which i pluged the pda into, this meant that i only had one loose cable going to the socket. Using the original 12v plug from the pda it meant that pda was protected buy its original fuse, and it also means that now i am back it will go straight back into the car with no problems. The only down side was that with it being in the tank bag you have to look down to read it, but it didn't bother me and i found it to be the only way i could make the pda work, stay waterproof and on a cheap bujet.

As mentioned above, don't chop the cig lighter plug off it will contain a transformer if u just stick a BMW plug on it your PDA will fry like good bacon. Get to your dealer and buy yourself a converter from cig lighter to BMW din size, only about £7 as apposed to a couple of hundred for a new PDA

I use my PDA on the bike with TT6 through my autocom it is a mio a210 check your manufacturers web site most have bike mounts these days. To waterproof it i just use a zip lock food bag with little hole for power and audio. Stays dry and works a dream.

Look at the Powerlet site. I think they do specific cables including the appropriate plugs - don't rely on this its just a thought!

Back
Top Bottom