What size are the bulbs

cecilthecat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys
I'm going to try some of the Philips bulbs with the better output in the GS1150, so which ones are best eg Blue vision, premium and what sizes do I need to get for the main and dipped beams.

Simon

I bought a Blue Vision Bulb (Phillips) and so far am happy with it but not for giving any vast improvement in light output. The blue light does seem to reflect better off all sorts of reflective stuff like road signs, reflective clothing etc but without putting an appreciable amount of extra light onto the actual road. The beam stretches no further. However I was riding a mates bike a few weeks ago with him following on mine and there was a dramatic difference in the bikes noticability. The blue light is certainly whiter than ordinary bulbs and just stands out that little bit more. There is no real blueness to the light though the light just seems whiter and distinctive.

Regards
Andy80F

An H4 size on the F650GS.Since you are driving an 1150 I didn't think this information was relevant to post. I'd agree about trying the 50% brighter bulbs if its more actual light your after. The Blue Vision only put out an extra 8% according to the advertising info.

Regards
Andy80F

Back
Top Bottom