Thought I'd say hi!

JimboGSA

Reaction score
Well I thought I'd do the decent thing and register officially on here as me new 1200 GSA arrives in 20 days and counting! :clap Sold my 2005 model 1000rr fireblade in January :thumb to fund it so have been bikeless ever since! :eek: and how many sunny weekends have there been since that day! arghhh!! :spitfire

Anyway, I'll probs see some of you out and about so thought I'd say hello on here. I'm Leicester based but originally from Brum so I'm gonna try and get to the west-mids monthly meeting and hopefully the wobble weekend!

The Garmisch trip is booked, going to Devon and Cornwall for a week at the end of May and Normandy touring for a week in June, can't wait!

of course!! red and white! with go faster panniers! bit worried about filtering through all those folk sat in the endless queue on the motorway in May though, how wides that bike! lol! like another gs'er said to me just take there bleedin mirrors off!

Nah, you'll be fine! I don't clip too many cars on the motorway when I've got the panniers on - but those I do just add a touch of colour to the bike... :mmmm

Anyway, 20 sleeps and you'll be ridin' again :thumb

Welcome fella :thumb

Keep on counting...bet you can`t wait !

Don`t worry about missing sunny weekends...the GS is just as happy in worse weather than you can ever imagine...

Also,don`t worry about filtering....cars,vans and trucks usually move over for a GS in case you whack them :D
:beerjug:

Hi jayceer,

Sounds like you are going to make up for being bikeless :thumb

Welcome to the club and enjoy your new bike when it arrives, it will be a bit different to what you are used to :eek

Heelo from the W. Mids

jayceer said:
Anyway, I'll probs see some of you out and about so thought I'd say hello on here. I'm Leicester based but originally from Brum so I'm gonna try and get to the west-mids monthly meeting and hopefully the wobble weekend!

Hello Jaycer, welcome to the forum :beerjug:

Looking forward to seeing you at the Fish & Anchor, make sure you get yer tenner to BTBR for the Wobble Weekend - you don't want to be dissapoited and we have limited availability :cool:

Alan will be delighted to see a 12GSA turn up - he can find out what he cancelled :dabone

cheers for the replies guys, look forward to putting some faces to the nicknames! and I'll definately book up with alan for the wobble weekend. :beer:

certainly the GSA will be alot different from the 'blade, i was in calais waiting for the ferry home last september time, when a load of GS owners turned up, where i ached all over and couldnt wait to get home, etc.. they were all smiles and wanting to do a few more hundred miles!! that and seeing the new GSA at the bike show convinced me of the way forward!! :thumb

Test rode it out of clarkes a few weekends back and was utterly impressed, loved the way it chugged along and i was smiling from ear to ear! :bow

they are stuggling to get all the kit together in time though - short on panniers and the new rallye suits! thought BMW would have made enpugh to go round, guess this way they create a bigger demand due to shortage of supply!

Clarkes and kit

You might want to check with a couple of other dealers close by to see if the kit Clarkes are having trouble with really is in short supply :rolleyes:

I called in at BVM to find that they had both the Rallye 2 and the Rallye 2 Pro suits in my size in a choice of colours. Clarkes had quoted me July for delivery :spitfire however they managed to source one a bit quicker once I got BMUU customer service involved :spitfire :spitfire .

Don'y let the lack of kit spoil the new bike :bounce1 See you at the BBQ :beerjug:

P.S. tried to PM you the details on the kit thing but you have chosen not to accept them? :confused:

Mutley1150 said:
P.S. tried to PM you the details on the kit thing but you have chosen not to accept them? :confused:

He`s not a Site Sponsor,so is unable to send/receive PM`s .

cheers, excuse my ignorance but who/what is BVM? and do you have a contact number/email for them so I can see what they've got in kit wise

BVM Moto

No worries mate, they are the BWM dealer in Stroud, Gloucestershire. They are about an hour from South Birmingham down the M5 :thumb

BVM Moto
London Road
Stroud GL5 2DA
Tel: / 01453 762743

Mutley1150 said:
No worries mate, they are the BWM dealer in Stroud, Gloucestershire. They are about an hour from South Birmingham down the M5 :thumb

nice one mate i'll ring them now!

Hi Jay,

Picked up my 1200 GSA Last thursday :) ITs the faster color white and red or course. I got the normal GS panniers fitted coz i dident like the look of the ones that come with it. Cant belive BMW are makeing me wait so long for the rallye pro 2 jacket and trousers its been on order nearly 4 weeks damm.

I ride to Cov airport if your ever that way let me know.
Good luck with yours :)

Mick

Hi Mick,
Cool to hear you got yours ok I bet yer well pleased with it!! What options did you get? I'm still counting the seconds until mine arrives!! :thumb

One of the guys on this site recommended I phone round the dealers for the clothing and I got a rallye 2 pro suit reserved at the dealers in Nottingham, they had it sat there on the shelf!! whereas clarks were saying delivery date unknown.... so deffo worth ringing round to check availability, i think they have some in the Northampton dealers too.

I go past cov airport all the time as I got family in Redditch so would be cool to meet up and perhaps do the run to stratford at some point. you got any trips planned for this year on the GSA yet then?

Cheers
Jim

Hi Mick and welcome to the site :beerjug:

I had to ring around to find my Rallye 2 Pro suit but there are a few out there. The issue is that the dealers are no longer all on one system so they can't check accurately the stock alsewhere like they used to (I wouldn't be surprised to find that they are hanging on some stock for themselves as well due to shortages!). Worth a check as Jayceer says.

Why not meet up with him and ride over to the West Midlands Wobble on June 10th & 11th? It's only a tenner to meet up with local GSers and we have a BBQ, a band and camping. All the details are here:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68288

Cheers,

H :beer:

now that sounds like a good plan! what do you reckon Mick? meet at cov airport and ride over the scenic route! any other GS'ers out there fancy meeting at cov airport and riding over to the weekend wobble on mass? :D

Back
Top Bottom