Bike rally in kilkelly..anybody know...

Deleted account 220427002

Reaction score
anything about it... i thing i'm going to go for the craic

leaving this afternoon i think... if it doesn't piss down :D

But i know nothing about it :D

RALLY

. . .there was a vintage rally a bit further South, based Cong, Co. Mayo - 3 Velocettes from the wee North + c. 50 others. . .

Not a vintage rally... it was one held by The Lawbreakers... and they lived up to there name... held in Julian's Bar a few miles out from Kilkelly.... it was good craic and 3 other GS's there.

Me, Jonsey from Nighthawks and another mate Paddy took the trip down via Biddy's Gap :D

biddysgap.jpg

The weather was great and we were thirsty so after a bit of brain scratching by Paddy and Jonsey...
PaddyandJonesyscratchingtherebrains.jpg

...we got some pints of the Black stuff and sat across the road from Biddy's bar taking in the lovely views of the hills ;)
biddysgappints.jpg

hills.jpg

We went on down to the rallye.... loads of nutters on bikes and loads of drink with them :D burnouts and rev limiters being hit all over the place :D

Felt like a bit of a time warp....loads of rock t-shirts and an AC/DC tribute band :D :D

bonscotttributeband.jpg

there was even people riding Bulls :eek: :eek:

bulloff.jpg

well trying too
bullhangon2.jpg

Risk assessment had been carried out by this young lady and all precautions were followed :D
safetyfirstrs.jpg

we couldn't take many pints because we wanted to leave early to get home in time for the moto GP :D
When we got up at 7:00 there were still about 30 round the camp bonfire still drinking :D
partyallnight.jpg

I looked about and seen Pint 6X had been giving the locals tent erection lessons
pint6xtentschool.jpg

pint6xtentschool2.jpg

When we went to get our bikes at the front of the bar where most of the tents were there were still guys drinking doing burnouts and revving the guts out of there bikes :eek:

we had a good run up we hit Donegal town about 9:00 and battered on it was a bit damp through Biddy's for about 3 mile but that was it

Stopped in Lifford for some breakfast in the cafe at the bridge a great feed :thumb
afterfood.jpg

with food inside us we were fit for the last leg home and we made it back in time to see the finish of the 250's and the Moto GP...

All in all a job well done... and a great day out :thumb

Back
Top Bottom