Florida Theme park tickets....?

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm taking my son to Florida at the end of May and have entered the mine fields that are Theme park Tickets :confused:

I am away for two weeks and wanted to do a few parks but not a park a day.

Are the tickets cheaper to buy here or in Florida. :nenau

I have heard differing stories and am now getting very confused. :(

I dont want to be tied to just the Disney parks but would like to know if anyone can tell me how much the entrance is on the day to either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.

Cheers

Jon :thumb :beerjug:

In May you will find lots of promotions on offer locally. However, getting the best deal will involve travelling a few miles and some time.

You don't say the age of your lad so I'm not sure which parks will interest him most. If he is in the 3-6 age group then Disney is the way to go. At 4 my lad enjoyed breakfast with the disney characters more than anything else.

At 9 he was more into the stuff that Universal Studios offer.

Seaworld is a must for all ages. A very nice mixture of "wow look at that", messages about conservation and some of the best rides in Orlando. Look out for the "2nd day free offer" as you pass through the turnstiles. Get your pass authorised when you go in as you will be too tired to bother when you leave.

Post back with the age of the lad and I'll give some more recommendations.

Don't forget to do Busch gardens whatever you do.

Jon

Have a look at the Official Orlando Tourist Office website - I spend ages trawling the web to find the package that suited us the best and we ended up pre-buying from them.

However, watch the exchange rates. The US$ is pretty weak at the moment, so I'd avoid buying with £s from UK sources.

Greg

Tickets

The last couple of times I have been I have brought my 4 day orlando flexi ticket here,this gets you into Sea world/wet n wild/both universal studios as MANY TIMES you like from the first day you use it.

It is fantastic value for me,as my boys are now 12/14/17 so to old for Disney stuff,in fact they would be happy with just island of adventures and wet n wild.I think we went to Epcot only the last time we went and just payed on the gate,there is not much difference in price a few $$,but that way it gives you the option of doing other things.I think the 10 day hopper includes typhoon and blizzard and there is also another one called river country,which is a sort of goldmining theme to it and fairly small and cosy.

What ever you do,go to old town Kissimee and have a go on the drag cars full size strip and cars worked by compressed air,you will have a grin all on your face all night,they are feeeeeeeeeckin fast I hit 111mph in 2 seconds :eek: You can take a passenger aswell.

Thanks for your coments guys,

Wessie... my lad is coming up to nine years and was wondering if he would enjoy disney as it is for a tad younger I feel.

The only ticket package that has caught my eye so far is the Orlando flexticket. This seems good value for £130 per adult &£110 for Oliver for 14 days unlimited use at the 5 parks. This includes Wet and Wild, Busch Gardens, Sea world, Universal Studios and Universal Island Adventures.

Typhoon Laggoon and Blizzard beach look great and you get free entrances with a Disney pass but I'm leaning away from Disney a bit. I assume you can pay on the day at these disney water parks?

Appreciate any coments as you guys must know how much choice there is out there now.

Jon :thumb :beerjug:

Just got back last Friday after 14 days of traipsing round every park for 10 hrs a day. My daughters are 9 and 11. Both had a great time. We bought our tickets here from orlando-ticket-deals.co.uk. as we did not want to have to mess about over there trying to save a few quid but not knowing where the hell to start looking etc.
Did both universal/busch etc and all the Disney ones.
We thought Blizzard beach was much better than typhoon lagoon.
Thought the standard Universal studios was better than Islands of Adventure which has 3 or 4 great rides and then loads of crap...for us.
There was something fantastic at each park and although knackered, we felt better for doing it all in one go as if we'd missed some parks, we'd end up going back...and it is an expensive holiday.
We also did discovery cove...a swim with dophins/sting rays and tropical fish....£150 a head for the full day but a great day where you're treat like royalty.

Definate is Busch gardens...the big ride there is out of this world, a little more 'downmarket' clientele wise...sure we saw some of americas most wanted....but good nontheless.
Everyone will have and give differing views and the only way is to bite the bullet and accept a lot of walking, be at the parks as the gates open and you do 2 or 3 of the best and busiest rides in the first hour and then spend the next 3 or 4 hours doing a further 3 rides as the parks flood with folk. The advantage of the more pricey tickets is the ability to go to any of the parks on the same day so we often didone park from 9 till 4 , went back for a swim at the hotel, out for Tea and then the same or another park for maybe 7, a couple of rides and then the parades/fireworks etc.
Meals for the 4 of us in the parks were around £20 to £25...that is 3 adult meals shared between 4 and a drink a piece....it is not as expensive as we were told....we were told to avoid eating there.
All the best...have 700 plus photos if you want any e-mailing but i guess you can get all the pics off the net.
PM me if you want owt else

Thanks Dave, and thanks Gregg for the link.

Dave, did you happen to notice how much the entrance fee was for Blizzard beach?

I think I am going to go for the Orlando flexticket and if Oliver wants to do the Magic Kingdom then we will pay on the day for that one.

Jon :thumb

blues n twos said:
Thanks Dave, and thanks Gregg for the link.

Dave, did you happen to notice how much the entrance fee was for Blizzard beach?

I think I am going to go for the Orlando flexticket and if Oliver wants to do the Magic Kingdom then we will pay on the day for that one.

Jon :thumb
The flex ticket is a good deal. You should both enjoy the different parks.

9 is a difficult age: my lad was all for going on the big rollercoasters and he was tall enough to meet the height restriction. Smaller 9 year olds will get frustrated as they might be too short for some rides. Buy individual Disney tickets should you want them: MGM was our favourite. My son was rather bored by Animal Kingdom and Epcot (especially as I made him wait until dark for the very impressive fireworks display). You'll have to make a judgement call about Magic Kingdom depending on his maturity: I'd say don't bother if you have already been to DisneyParis as they are similar.

One park he will enjoy is Gatorland. Half a day is all you need. If you have an afternoon or evening flight then it is an ideal way to spend your last day (as long as you have a hire car in which to store your luggage after checking out of the hotel.) It is very close to the MCO airport and only 30 mins drive from Sanford.

If you want a day off relaxing remember that Cocoa Beach is only a one hour drive from the Disney Maingate area. There's not much there to see apart from sand, sea and surfers but it's a nice place to chill out.

I think the problem will be me on the bigger rides :( The last time I went to Florida I went on the Kumba in Busch gardens and promptly threw up at the end :(

Thanks for all your advice everyone. :thumb :beerjug:

blues n twos said:
I think the problem will be me on the bigger rides :( The last time I went to Florida I went on the Kumba in Busch gardens and promptly threw up at the end :(

Thanks for all your advice everyone. :thumb :beerjug:

john stay of the beer :nono :beer: :nono :thumb

STUBBS said:
john stay of the beer :nono :beer: :nono :thumb

Well, stay off that yellow stuff that Anheuser Busch make anyway.

Find your way to the Real Ale bar close to the Florida Shopping Mall (located near the junction of Highways 92 & 482, Sand Lake & Orange Blossom). The bar is located on the side of Orange Blossom just south of the crossroads.

The bar is very well stocked with a variety of beers from the very good micro-breweries that have sprung up all over the US, especially in New England.

Back
Top Bottom