Auxillary lights

medicbike

Can anyone tell me of cheap,small [less than 6" diameter] and effective aux. lights they have fitted and the supplier.

Ring Ice Blue driving lights from Halfords. £39.99 including fuse, relay and car wiring loom (Easy to hack about for GS)

Mike

Hella FF50, about 60 euro for a set...

3.hellaff50.jpg

more pics here

Auxilliary lights

Any other types fitted?
Yeah I know a couple of guys with blue lights fitted to their bikes-they don't really illuminate the road very well but makes their bikes fast as f~ck-or that might have something to do do with the go fast stripes!

I have bought (but not yet fitted) a pair of aloominnyum billet type lights from M&P @ £21 each in that there Swansea. I believe they are 55w but seem to hold standard household type Halogen sealed beam units.

Medic

Ring 5" round driving lights from Halfords, £20 the pair plus £8 (I think) for the wiring, relay, switch and fuse, all in a kit. The bulbs, which are included, are 55w H3s. The lighting is utterly transformed. Paul G has the same (Vern inspired) set up. The only bit you can't get off the shelf is the bar, but I'm sure you know where to go for that.

Mick :thumb

lights

I got a set of lights, they were ring ice blue, but in a packet marked VTR racing, not ring, from the local motor shop, they are a private owned shop but supply car bits from the A1 motor parts group (you may have an independent one near you). The lights were only £15.99 compared to a packet, which had, ring written on and sold for £28.99.
Can't fault them!:D

Les

PIAA bargain bin

I have been looking at all sorts of lighting connotations for weeks now and thinking I was going to end up spending a small fortune on HIDs ('cause they look nice) and then stumbled on a link from the PIAA web-site to here
and found some half price £66 + vat for 2x85w PIAA 1200's including loom

Now i just need to find something to hang em off and workout how to wire them.

:cool:

Ring lights

Just for the info of any of you living in the W Yokrs area, Ring have a factory shop on the A62 between Gildersome & Leeds (near the Jewish cemetry).

Was there today after some garden lights & saw a number of sets of driving lights..all seemed mega cheap.

Pete

You lucky soandso. PIAAs for half price!! I paid about a hundred in late '02 but they were well worth it then. You won't be disappointed.

Darryl, thanks for the above, now the proud owner of a pair of PIAA 1200 's. What craftsmenship, just need to fit 'em now, linked in with my new autoswitch thingy.

Motoswitch ?

Whats the Motoswitch for then ?

I just picked up a set of PIAA 1200's from the bargin bin too, also need to know the best mounting bracket, anyone know where I can get one in the UK ?

ta,
Shugz.

:beer:

Check out MiGSel for a light bracket which sits under the beak. A work of art in laser cut s/steel.

The Motoswitch is Rob Farmer's super little black box which allows you to switch on a set of aux lights via the indicator cancel button on an R1150GS. It operates a relay if you hold the cancel button for more than a second, and switches on the aux lights. Press it again for >1sec and they switch off again. It doesn't interfere with the indicators because, if you press for <1sec, it still just operates as an indicator cancel button. I tend to just tap it to cancel the indicators so I asked Rob for a shorter delay on the switching facility so mine operates after 0.75sec. It's much tidier than having extra switches mounted somewhere and fits nicely into the fusebox.

Re: PIAA bargain bin

Darryl said:
Now i just need to find something to hang em off and workout how to wire them.

Have you sorted this now?

Ralphy, lyjohn, Gary Morgan and myself all have the same stainless steel laser cut bar from Migsel fitted. John (lyjohn) has PIAA fitted to his. Gary has Halfords modified foglights. Ralphy & me have the Ring ice blue lights. As we are all local to you in Somerset (Yatton, Yeovil, Bristol and Cheddar) you could contact any of us to see what/how we did it. For a small (alchoholic) consideration we might even help you out!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom