Updated Cafe's list (27)

ebbo

Reaction score
Updated Café’s list, I’ve added a couple of new ones – List now stands at 27 Cafes

Hollowgate Fisheries, Holmfirth. A good Fish & Chip Restaurant used by the “Summer Wine” cast.

Tea on the Green Café, Acomb.York, My local, good home made meals, try to arrive before 12:00 as it’s quite small

Barbara’s Tearooms, Pateley Bridge. (Excellent dinners, but the sweets in the fridge look better than they are!)

How Stein Cafe, Lofthouse. BMW meeting place first Sunday of each month and a good eating place.

Haverthwaite Station Cafe, Cumbria. Good food in the Station Buffet.

Can't access attachment

I'm gagging for a cuppa at one of the cafe's that are mentioned in this and other threads, and now that the GPS V is all wired in, thought I'd download the detail. Trouble is, I keep getting messages that tell me I can't download the .mps file as my version of Mapsource is different. HELP! Any clues?

I can't open them either :(

It appears that *.mps files created in one version of Mapsource can't be opened by a different version.

As the GPS V uses City Select I guess we won't be able to open the Navigator files... how pants is that!

I wouldn't mind if I could just open it and copy the waypoints across - the routes, although nice to have, aren't as important.

I wonder if we could open the *.mps file if all routes, tracks and maps were removed (just leaving the waypoints) prior to saving.

Anybody with navigator want to do a test one?

Thanks

Adam :beerjug:

I've read somewhere on this forum about being able to punch in GPS co-ordinates, so if the worst comes to the worst, how about a list of 'cafe co-ords'? Or is that just a little too anoraksic? Crumbs, all this just for a cuppa. Well done Garmin.:(

My thread posted some time ago has cafes in the Peak District. Just Waypoints, no routes.

Here

Simon,

It was your posting that first made my mouth water, thanks!!

Just wish I could store all the details, but I guess I'll just have to visit them all in person and punch in a waypoint at the time.

Now all we need is a list of accessible loos...

Steve

Simon

Thanks, that works. I assume you have the SPIII software... Mapsource Navigator?

If that's the case can someone with a BM Navigator save the dealer waypoints as an *.mps file or are they on the basemap?

I could then copy and paste the ones nearest to my planned route in France just in case any thing untoward happens.

Thanks

Adam

adamski49 said:
Simon

Thanks, that works. I assume you have the SPIII software... Mapsource Navigator?

If that's the case can someone with a BM Navigator save the dealer waypoints as an *.mps file or are they on the basemap?

I could then copy and paste the ones nearest to my planned route in France just in case any thing untoward happens.

Thanks

Adam

Adam:

Coolcarbon has the BMW Navigator. So does Gazza. I think Dutchman has one also. And Darren . . . I'm sure there are more.

Yeaaaaaah!!

Have just installed my requested Mapsource City Select V5 from Garmin (F.o.C.) and guess what - I can at last find out exactly where those luvverly cafe's are. Just before a sunny weekend too, Brill!!!

So, thanks Ebbo and all the other listerd for being patient with me. Here's to many cream teas. Burp.

Beemer Boy (+ half a stone, soon)

:) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom