Newbie-to-be

Dave T

Reaction score
Hello all,
Ive been lurking on these forums for a while now, and as it looks like GS ownership will become a reality in the next few months, I thought I'd better introduce myself (and get the virtual drinks in :beerjug: , if that's considered polite on this forum!!!). Anyway, I test rode a 1200GS (one of the slower blue ones) last summer and loved it, but unfortunately when all was said and done, finances just wouldn't allow. 7 months on, I'm near enough in a position to go and place an order for one of the faster yellow ones. I've been riding 10 years (7 with a Yamaha Thundercat - great bike....probably shouln't ever have changed it, and 3 years with a Triumph Speed Triple - another great bike, but bought with my heart rather than my head and so not nearly as practical as I convinced myself it would be :( ).

I have read with great interest all the trials and tribulations of 1200gs ownership, but rightly or wrongly have decided not to worry about the 'problems'. I'm not suggesting that there aren't issues necesarily, but the reason that I'm not too concerened is that I am also a member in the Impreza Drivers Club, and their forums are also full of owners with problems, but most of the owners consider their cars to be completely reliable (mine has been fine for the last 75k miles). I guess that a 'mine's running fine' post just isn't so interesting.....

Well, this was meant to be a quick 'hi, this is me' post, but I seem to have gone on a bit...so until my order is placed, I shall continue to lurk on here with the occasional post, but am looking forward to becoming a fully fledged tosser!

Dave T.

Last edited:
Hiya Dave and welcome :thumb

Nice intro....you`re already a Tosser..now that you`ve registered..but once you get your GS you`ll be a complete Tosser :D :D :D

Well... in celebration of my fully fledged tosserdom...the cards are behind the bar, so get youselves a drink on me. Cheers :beerjug: .

I've just bought myself a new 1200GS from Southport SB :bounce1 - a very quick yellow one. Over the moon with the part ex price, the overall deal and the level of service so far. I can't wait for next weekend..... :D :D :D

Cheers all!
Dave.

Good on ya! :thumb

My fast yellow one [on a 54 plate] is showing 19,930 miles now and still scrubs up a treat.....
Engine seems to be getting better too.

:beerjug:

Pondboy said:
Dave T.

Nice one. Now all your spare cash has a purpose. To get all those "must have" accessories. :thumb PB

Hhhhmmm... an interesting concept 'spare cash'. How does that work???? Having just bought the bike, I no longer have ANY cash, let alone SPARE. My piggy bank has been well and truly raided. LOL.

it isn`t "spare cash" it`s money needed for essentials ;)
Such as
Hugger
Tankbag
GPS
Engine bars

Lee, fast yellow too :thumb

Dave,
Welcome to the site.
You obviously don't realise you have merely paid the deposit on the never ending desire to acquire more toys for your GS. You will soon see that there is always someone on this site selling your next object of desire.
You will enjoy your GS in its most basic form
Regards
Matt

Well.... I got it on Sunday at 3pm in the pouring rain....but still got 100 miles on it.... and it rained yesterday too... so I rode another 100 miles. Never before have I felt so desperate to get on a bike to do 200 miles in the wet going nowhere in particular... I think it's great!!! :bounce1

Cheers All :beerjug:
One very happy Dave T!!!

Dave T said:
Well.... I got it on Sunday at 3pm in the pouring rain....but still got 100 miles on it.... and it rained yesterday too... so I rode another 100 miles. Never before have I felt so desperate to get on a bike to do 200 miles in the wet going nowhere in particular... I think it's great!!! :bounce1

Cheers All :beerjug:
One very happy Dave T!!!

Good one,fella :thumb

That`s one of the great things about a GS....it`s as useable in bad weather as it is in good weather....and still as much fun.

Enjoy :clap :clap

Back
Top Bottom