Jesse Bags

Mick_rw

Reaction score
Hello one and all, Has anyone tried fitting the Jesse Odyssey bags to a R1150R, if so did you have any problems with it.

Do Jesse do a mount for the 1150R?
I've got em on my 1150GS Adv and they hang fairly low, this doesnt seem to create a ground clearance prob on the Adv but may make an 1150R have the cornering ground clearance of a Harley.
On a separate note. I dont know that i'd buy Jesses again. I think the new placcy HBs (lookalikes offered by KTM for the 950LC8) probably offer better value for money and if Width is a prob Big Vern may be able to custom make some alu panniers for less outlay (i'd imagine) than Jesses.
When I got mine the choice was square Touratechs or HBs (too agricultural looking) BMW alu Adv luggage wasnt available and I think maybe a bit wide for traffic filtering.
Also Jesse locks are a pain . too fiddly and succumb to winter crap plus doubt that they'd keep an angry ferret at bay if tested. And jesse mounts aren't UK winter proof either, they need hammeriting before you fit. I had to strip and repaint mine after a fairly easy winters use turned em rust brown. Oh dear doubt that i'll be pickin up my Jesse commision this year.

Inovators&vendors

And you will find Verns worldbeaters, picies and all.Seen them myself in Ireland and was suitably impressed to order a pair.Have used jesse bags b4 and cant c why u d pay the xtra money,over verns.But make up your own mind.

URS CIVILITY HIMSELF

Thanks for your replies, have already purchased myself a set of bags, and was told that only the foot peg brackets were different, but when I fitted them they dont fit at all, Jesse web sites states they fit the 1150R, am at the moment waiting for an answer from Al Jesse via KiwiBob, they have stated that they will refund me if I am not happy. Will have to wait for an answer from Al Jesse.

Finally

Hi, Have finally managed to fit the jesse bags, required a couple of mods to suit me, but now all fitted and dont look to bad. Will post a couple of pics later.

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom