how much discount to go for!

Sergeant Pluck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hello all, apart from the usual 'umming and arring' over whether to go ABS vs non-ABS, i'm 99% decided to buy myself a nice shiny GS!

i'm looking at recent second-hand (2002 models), and i've seen a few at BM approved dealers. My question is (and it probably sounds a bit niave, but this is my first 'proper' purchase); how much will i be able to haggle off the asking price?! or is it a case of getting freebies thrown in or discount off more expensive extra's?

regs,

neil

Neil, I got four hundred quid knocked off mine from a dealer, and because the advertised mileage turned out to be actually higher, I argued and got them to throw in a pair of side panniers as well.

Good luck with your haggling!;)

Neil have a look at THIS don't know what he's asking for but, being private he may match 02 dealer prices for this imaculate 03 model.... the warantee wil be transferable.

How about mine?

Neil,

I'm selling mine, it's on the autotrader website at the moment, here's the text from the ad, if you want some pictures email me at: alasdair.paterson@centrica.co.uk

2002 BMW R1150 GS, Night black, FBMWSH, taxed, 9000 miles, 8 months manufacturers warranty remaining. Extras include Hepco & Becker engine bars, hand guards, heated grips, BMW panniers and Remus sports exhaust/Y-piece + original & cat. Please email for more pictures. Excellent condition. £7295 ono.

cheers,

Al.

GS Discount

Don't worry, pr0ne, because although you might not have received £00's off the price, you've not only bought the most popular (and arguably the best) moorcycle BMW make, but one of the most popular colours.

Happy riding - see you on the circuit.

Roy
Park Lane

Back
Top Bottom