Today was mostly spent practising Falconry.....

Schtum

Iconoclast
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
.....at least it was for SMBO. :)

SWMBO and a Harris Hawk:

Attachments

• Sharon & Harris Hawk.JPG
    Sharon & Harris Hawk.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 210
SWMBO with an African Tawny Eagle:

Attachments

• Sharon & Tawny Eagle.JPG
    Sharon & Tawny Eagle.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 610
Where did Mrs Schtum have the honour of that then, Mike? What fantastic looking birds (no pun intended :D )

If you're at all interested in birds of prey, I can thoroughly recommend spending half a day with Elite Falconry, at Cluny, just outside Kirkcaldy. As well as the Harris Hawk and the Tawny Eagle, SWMBO flew an African Owl and we watched a Saker Falcon flying to a lure.

Wow, fantastic way to spend your birthday Mike. :thumb

They are rather gorgeous aren't they!!

Something about the poise or the look or the feeling of being a finely honed killing machine.... beautiful creatures :thumb

Bloody hell...almost on my doorstep. I'll pay them a visit soon. I take it that it's near Cluny Clays then, Mike? :thumb

Fanum said:
They are rather gorgeous aren't they!!

Something about the poise or the look or the feeling of being a finely honed killing machine.... beautiful creatures :thumb

Yeah, and the birds are great too :D

Ronno said:
Bloody hell...almost on my doorstep. I'll pay them a visit soon. I take it that it's near Cluny Clays then, Mike? :thumb
Quite literally on the other side of the road from the entrance to Cluny Clays. If you drive past Cluny Clays from Chapel heading to Kinglassie and you turn your head to the left, you'll see a field full of birds of prey sitting on their stumps.

Here's SWMBO and one of the owls ignoring each other.....

Attachments

• Elite Owl 1.JPG
    Elite Owl 1.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 296
And the Golden Eagle.....

Attachments

• Elite Eagle 1.JPG
    Elite Eagle 1.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 195
Magnificent. :clap

We were at Dalhousie last weekend (venue shopping) and they had all the Falcons out too. Amazing.

A mate of mine, proposed to his now wife there, by having one of the falcons fly the ring over.

Brilliant.

Cracking photos Schtum! :thumb

attachment.php

:thumb Gotta be ripe for a caption contest....great pic :D

Nice looking birds, the Golden Eagle in particular looks very impressive. The owl looks a bit like you Mike :mmmm

Trip

Ok you guys .Where abouts is this place . Is it on or near anywhere the west coast . Fancy some quality time with a few hot chicks . Arran , Skye , inverness, Glencoe .That the route roughly . Thanks Geno

Geno said:
Ok you guys .Where abouts is this place . Is it on or near anywhere the west coast . Fancy some quality time with a few hot chicks . Arran , Skye , inverness, Glencoe .That the route roughly . Thanks Geno
Nowhere near the West Coast. In fact, it's on the other side of the country, just outside Kirkcaldy in Fife.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom