introduction/new member

hoss1720

Hi all.
just a quick hello form a newbie.

been a motorcyclist for 8 years ,I ride frequently in and out of work(traffic bobby),yes I know ,but someone has to do the job.

been a bobby for ten years(NorthWales - beautifull biking place)lived here all my life.

currentlY own a CBR1000 but looking for a nice GS(1150 - 1200).

have recently been riding the new R1200RT,WHAT A MACHINE!.
It out performs the honda STX1300 all round.

riding this has turned me into a BMW fan.

cheers for now

Welcome aboard.... :clap

it has to be an 1150... you know it makes sense... :thumb :D

oh and the silver ones are fastest.... :rolleyes: :D

welcome to the site hoss :thumb how many years do you have to do as a normal walking the beat copper before they let you loose on the bikes then? been thinking of this as a career move u see!

Yes..... a 1200 would probably a bit too much for you...... :rob

Welcome to the zoo.... :beerjug:

Welcome to the madhouse :clap The tarts handbag 1150's are MUCH faster,I thought everyone knew that :beerjug:

career move

with regards to a career move,and getting onto bikes,I did 4 years on the streets,applied and got onto traffic,I did 2 car courses ,1 before I went on and then an advanced 12months later.In my force you have be the holder of an advanced car qualification before you can apply to go on the bikes,and obvoiusly you need a bike licence,then I did a 3 week standard course and again 12months after that a 3 week advanced course.

the courses include off road training ,skid control and response riding(blues and twos),and we use the stx 1300 throughout.

Hoss,
Welcome to the site.Glad you survived the course on the STX as it seems most Forces are now seriously looking at their shall we say stability.
Regards
from an ex old bill
Matt :thumb

hoss1720 said:
have recently been riding the new R1200RT,WHAT A MACHINE!.
It out performs the honda STX1300 all round.

riding this has turned me into a BMW fan.

cheers for now

You aint wrong there. Err :mmmm Except perhaps the mirrors??? I don't think the honda can be beaten by any bike for its mirrors. That was the only thing that disapointed me about the 12RT

we have 1300 Pans at the school, they float round town a treet. I'd still chop them in for the BM though.

Welcome aboard Hoss. Val. H.

:D :clap now then lad enjoy the site and join the club :thumb go for the gsa in silver as room101 said they are the fastest but they will not flote have tryed :nenau ( gsings fum do the miles get the smiles )

jayceer said:
welcome to the site hoss :thumb how many years do you have to do as a normal walking the beat copper before they let you loose on the bikes then? been thinking of this as a career move u see!
Career move as a copper ARE YOU MAD :eek:

Back
Top Bottom