only stumbling block left....

Sergeant Pluck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hello,

i'm nearly ready for a GS! the one last thing holding me back is the noise it makes. call me old-fashioned but for me the sound a bike makes is half the buzz.... and the standard GS doesn't quite do it. i gather that the way round this is by fitting a Remus end-can and y-piece which is great but they are quite expensive. does anyone know of a cheap place to buy this stuff? or even where i might source it second-hand?

please help remove this last barrier to my owning a GS - a badly want one.....

prone

Best possible start is to buy a new 'Y' piece, as they are rare S/H, then buy my Remus end can for a reasonable price.

Phone 01248 853994

or send Private message

Tim - removing barriers for a good cause

Prune,
look in the For Sale & Wanted section. You might find this or something similar.

If you think that Y pieces and end cans are expensive and 'the last stumbling block', you're clearly being unrealistic about GS ownership - just prepare your plastic for some overtime....

MikeO:D

ah! a wise idea - thanks.

i know it's going to cost me - but i'm at that stage of having decided to buy, i set a budget which i've now exceeding wildly, and am scrapping around the back of the sofa for every last penny to get the best bike i can get! i'll worry about the other stuff later...

oh, and prune? PRUNE?

;-)

Big booming sound pulses...

can be yours if you look. I did hear that James Sherlocks had got hold of some Remus Genesis, now discontinued and replaced by the wet fart sounding Revolution. Not entirely sure but the figure of £350 (can & y piece) is what comes to mind. Ohterwise... let the little voices take over your head, spend the money, spend it, and buy a Two Brothers from Carbontek in South London. Loosen fillings and crack window panes every where you go!!:D :D :D

You are such a nice man, a very very nice man.....

timolgra said:
Best possible start is to buy a new 'Y' piece, as they are rare S/H, then buy my Remus end can for a reasonable price.

Phone 01248 853994

or send Private message

Tim - removing barriers for a good cause

Well and truely hijacked

Spanish Bob said:
You are such a nice man, a very very nice man.....

Agradable of you to say so Bob. In two weeks I shall be arriving in bonito Spain 4 days or so ahead of the others in our Moroccan party, also agradable.
So rather than kick my heels around the bonito Guggenheim etc for four days, I shall ride around the bonito Picos and drink some furkin awful San Miguel, not agradable.
Lucky you, living in such a bonito/agradable country.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom