HP2 Ignition Switch problem

Karlz

Reaction score
Well I encountered my 1st problem with the bike today.
I just fueled up and went to start the bike but I couldnt even turn the key in the ignition switch. No matter how much I jiggled it, taking the key in/out etc the key wouldnt turn.

Im not sure if it had anything todo with my mud bash yesterday on the Ridgeway. I jet blasted it yesterday, but it still started this morning.

Lucky I was only about 1 mile from home, and the first 600 yards were downhill. Will see what the dealer says tomorrow when they pick it up.
The bike has done about 2500 miles (4000km).

The HP2 is easily pushed.
[/IMG]

starting

thanks karlz, the more bugs we come up with the better feeback we can give the bmw guys the better chance they will call us in and fix these little nuiances and the better the bike will be long term. I would rather be 600 meters from home than 600 kms into the outback.

Agreed that its better to be close to home rather than stuck in the desert or outback.
This prompted me to check the internet for ways of "hot wiring" the bike. I belive the bike can be "hot wired" if the security bolts on the bottom of the lock shaft can be removed. If this is possible, before I embark on a long distance trip I will be replacing the security bolts with standard ones before departing. Just in case.

Karlz said:
Im not sure if it had anything todo with my mud bash yesterday on the Ridgeway. I jet blasted it yesterday, but it still started this morning.

Lucky I was only about 1 mile from home, and the first 600 yards were downhill. Will see what the dealer says tomorrow when they pick it up.
The bike has done about 2500 miles (4000km).

The HP2 is easily pushed.
[/IMG]

Hi Karl,

Mind your eye on the Ridgeway, it's no longer the free riding area it used to be with the change in the law.

PS you'll need to become a sponsor to post pics I believe.

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom