I got mine,but i broke it !!!!!!!!!!!!

big fella

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got mine on monday in the fatherland.I headed for home on tuesday and to cut a long story short,somewhere between chester and Holyhead the lectrics went awol.I had to push the :censor::censor::censor::censor:er from the ferry terminal to the boat which i was reliably informed by a lovely woman in an old bill uniform was 3/4s of a mile.All i can add that is suitable for a forum full of distinguished gentleman is she was correct and it is one heavy :censor::censor::censor::censor: to push at 1am onto a ferry.Here,hopefully are a couple of pics i took after carol nash brought me home from Dublin port.As we speak its in Joe Duffy's.......i think.

Attachments

• adv12.jpg
    adv12.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 228
  • adv 12.jpg
    adv 12.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 171
FFS Tom, will ye ever give it up and just buy the damn things on the island? :rolleyes:

Helath to ride mate. Bike's health, not yours :D

Hopefully you can get it sorted mate, but watch civil will be on shortly offering ya a bad price... Tell him ta Foxtrot Oscar, and enjoy :thumb

New Moto

Big Fella

Hope you get it sorted and the problems cured,health to enjoy it when you get it back.

Schultz

Whatton is right

Good man Tom,

Congrats on the arrival. It looks like theres some sort of electronic blocking device to try and prevent bike importation into Ireland! Hope you get it cured, and quickly. Do ya recokon you'll be motoring for the weekend?

Another top colour choice too!

Cheers

Jonny

Glad to hear ya got home safely (eventually ! ) Big Fella :thumb

When you told me you were going to have to push it onto the ferry I thought you meant from the end of the ramp onto the boat ;) but 3/4 of a mile :eek: Fcuk - thats what I call hardcore :bow Pushing it in & out of the garage is enough for me ;) ;)

Congrats on the new toy & hope you'll get it sorted quickly :beer:

Offerings

Schwarz Baron said:
Hopefully you can get it sorted mate, but watch civil will be on shortly offering ya a bad price... Tell him ta Foxtrot Oscar, and enjoy :thumb

You didnt even gimme a chance tey offer ye Bad money !
But i still can, you sorta suit the wee suki 650

Tom ,
Are them Panniers for Sale ?

Dud Battery

Got word from JD's, and the story is it was a dud battery.I must have fried the bollix out of it on the way back.I had the heated grips,aux lights,gps,and dipped beam on for a good bit of the 1200km?
Canbus my jock! :rob

Wizard,they are not available in the south till next year,hence the excursion. :nenau

Civil,you know yourself....everything is for sale €€€€€€€ ;)

The rest of ye,thanks for the kind words and sensitive offerings during a difficult time :thumb

big fella said:
Got word from JD's, and the story is it was a dud battery.I must have fried the bollix out of it on the way back.I had the heated grips,aux lights,gps,and dipped beam on for a good bit of the 1200km?

On the basis that the GSA has a higher output alternator & that everything except the GPS is factory fitted equipment I would be surprised ( & very disappointed :( not to mention pished :spitfire ) if that caused the battery to die.

I've had grips, dipped light & heated jacket (surely equal to aux lights & GPS ?? ) running on the 'basic' 12 for close on 1000km & not a murmer out of it. Where does that leave me when I plug the jacket into the GSA along with all the other kit :confused: :confused:

Did JD's say that the load had killed the battery or is it possibly just a battery fault ?

At least it sounds like you'll be motoring again sooner rather than later :D :thumb

Jockser said:
On the basis that the GSA has a higher output alternator & that everything except the GPS is factory fitted equipment I would be surprised ( & very disappointed :( not to mention pished :spitfire ) if that caused the battery to die.

I've had grips, dipped light & heated jacket (surely equal to aux lights & GPS ?? ) running on the 'basic' 12 for close on 1000km & not a murmer out of it. What does that make me when I plug the jacket into the GSA along with all the other kit :confused: :confused:

A Big PUFF!!!

big fella said:

Wizard,they are not available in the south till next year,hence the excursion. :nenau

Civil,you know yourself....everything is for sale €€€€€€€ ;)

The rest of ye,thanks for the kind words and sensitive offerings during a difficult time :thumb

Glad you got it sorted, health to enjoy :thumb

Update

Picked her up this morning.The cause of breakdown was a bad cell in the battery?just one of those things.No software gliches,relay burnouts,damaged wires etc etc.
I will add at this point that both the Carol nash breakdown and BMW recovery services in my opinion are excellent.I called CN at approx 12.30am wednesday morning and within 10mins they called me back and told me i would be picked up when the ferry docked in Dublin.I was met by the recovery truck inside the customs compound(less of a push)and she was loaded up and we headed for home.The company working for CN are called M&M recovery and are based in Drogheda,i would reccomend them(0872170000).They know how to strap bikes down.I called BMW assist when i got home and within an hour the bike was whisked away to JD's.The warranty work done by JD's was painless,when you consider that for them this must be one of the busiest week end's bike wise,they slotted me in.They could have put me in "Q".All in all things could have turned out a whole lot worse. :beerjug:

Good to hear a positive review of all parties involved :thumb - should I ever need them :D

Fair play to you for pushing it, i pushed my old 400 Virago about a mile once and that was hard enough. It was about 25 degrees and i had full waterproofs on though :tears

Back
Top Bottom