garmin quest help ?????

2old4bikin

just bought a quest and its bike mounted ....GS of course.....I want to take it to prague ....if I download the map of prague from the city select ver 7....when i get back do i have to reload the base map again......i know it sounds a bit THICK...but the instructions are not that plain....and the brain is seizing ...
Thanks
:rob

2old4bikin said:
just bought a quest and its bike mounted ....GS of course.....I want to take it to prague ....if I download the map of prague from the city select ver 7....when i get back do i have to reload the base map again......i know it sounds a bit THICK...but the instructions are not that plain....and the brain is seizing ...
Thanks
When you load one set of maps it overwrites any previous maps except the "base Map" which is just the main roads..

Edit: What you could try would be to go into mapsource and select the maps of Prague you need and see how much space they take up..this will tell you how much free space you have left in you Quest .you can then select the map tiles of the Uk that are = to that space and hope its enough to get you to the ferry..then upload them all to the gps in one go..Does that make sense??

Dave

2old4bikin said:
Thanks

Ok the basemap is always going to be on the unit unless you do something major to the unit. As mentioned already every map load you load onto the unit it will wipe the previous maps. Now i have just looked and the whole of czech republic if i have selected it all comes to about 32mb and then you can still have all of the uk on as well. If you are wanting to put uk and czech on the unit then you need to select them both when transfering them to the unit.

The memory for the quest is 243mb.

Hope this helps. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom