Side Panels and Tollbox Lid

Deleted account 210609001

Reaction score
Hello

1. I've seen some GS's with natty little side panels - covers/tidies up the rear brake master cylinder on the RHS, similar on the LHS. Anyone tell me where to find these, how much, any good, etc?

2. I'm going touring and want to carry a a tail pack in place of the pillion seat. However, the lid to the toolkit (i.e. the plastic dimpled cover under the seat) isn't very secure even when locked and could easily be broken or prised off. Does anyone anywhere make a metal alterntive (that can also be locked, obviously)?

Thanks in advance

Robin.

Robin

There are a couple of manufacturers of the side panels - Touratech is certainly one of them.

I too am looking for a better lid for the toolbox, but haven't found one yet.

Greg

Robin,

several manufacturers make side panels, Touratech, Wunderlich & Boxer Design. They vary between £70 and £110 per pair, as I recall. The only place I know of that does a toolcover replacement is Best Rest (you'll need to scroll down the page to find it). There was a post earlier today from someone asking if anyone could make up a cover, doing a search for 'engineer' should turn it up.

Cheers

MikeO:)

TOOLKIT COVER

Guys your forgetting Vern! When I was going to go without the seat he said he could make me one [cheaper than the competition as well!] Paul G has one that Vern made - very nice. ask Paul G to post the picture if he will.
;)

Back
Top Bottom